Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First day of school


So I know this is about 3 weeks old but the kids started school and are LOVING it!  This year we got them into White Pine Charter School and I absolutely LOVE their teachers and the boys are loving school.  I love carpooling with two other moms because it makes my job pretty easy. But I don't absolutely love that they have a dress code and that they have to tuck in their shirts (I'm kind of anti-tuck for guys unless it's a church/dress outfit) but the boys don't seem to mind... so why should I ;-)  Here are a few photos from the morning madness!

In true Ethan fashion.  Showing off his Bumblebee transformer backpack.  He was so excited to pick it out for school.
Briggs with the same backpack from last year.  He couldn't understand why he didn't get a new one like Ethan (because his had a little hole in the front).  I told him that it was in perfectly good shape.  He was totally annoyed and I told him if he wanted to spend his money on a new backpack he was welcome to do so.  He wasn't thrilled with the idea and obviously didn't buy a new one.  Hard lessons ;-).  But he was super excited for school none-the-less!
Brooklyn wanted to be a part of the morning madness; she is a silly girl!

Sorting school supplies for Ethan's class
Ethan was a little shy his first day but by the open house for parents and teachers a week later his teacher said he was a totally new boy.  I'm sure he was making people laugh.  He is loving school!
His first day of school paper; pretty cute
Ethan at his table; his teacher served a mission in Australia like Cory.  She is WONDERFUL!!
Saying goodbye to Briggs his first day
Briggs in his class far left
It's of course been 3 weeks since their first day.  The boys love playing soccer at recess together.  Ethan says he likes to play goalie so he can relax; that made me laugh.  Briggs rides the bus home and for the first week and a half we rode bikes 1/2 mile to his bus stop.  Fortunately his bus drove past our street and we were able to have them stop just 5 houses down from us.  It is so nice to not have to go get him.  It will be really nice this winter.  He sits by his friend Jeff, from his class, on the bus ride home and they trade pokemon cards.  It is pretty cute!  Briggs loves taking cold lunch (turkey sandwiches) and loves library time and math.  My boys love to tell me what they've done at school.  That is a huge improvement for Ethan since last year.

Brooklyn says she goes to "mommy school" which I fully plan on starting up here in the next few weeks as soon as I finish my latest project (it will help with mommy school).

Overall it's been a great few weeks getting the kids on a schedule.  It's been great for me as well!  Here's to a great new school year!

1 comment:

April said...

Lisa, Kenzie is in a charter school too and I love the uniform idea. But she is a girl and so "tucked in" isn't as bad I suppose. Makes shopping for clothes a breeze-

Oh someday I wish to have your quality of pictures.