Sunday, September 18, 2011

So it went something like this...

The setting:  Carpooling Briggs (almost 7) and his friend Dylan (age 8) to flag football practice with all my kids in the car.

The exchange:

Dylan:  Did you see the Philadelphia Eagle game the other day?  They won!
Briggs:  No they didn't.
Dylan:  Oh, yeah, that game they didn't.  Did you know their quarterback got arrested?
Briggs:  Oh, Michael Vick.
Dylan:  Yeah.
Ethan:  What does arrested mean?
Briggs:  When they take you to jail.  What did he go to jail for?
Dylan:  I don't remember... oh, yeah, I remember.  He had contracts with people and they'd bring their dogs and they'd fight each other.
Briggs:  Oh.

I sat there driving with a smile on my face.  My boys just had a successful sports talk, knew what they were talking about (it helps that Briggs loves the Eagles and wears their uniform often), and I thought it was just so cute!

I'm sure as we continue to carpool there will be many more "sports" talks along the way!

There is just something about little boys!  So cute!

No comments: