Thursday, September 15, 2011

Puppy dog love... monster cookies... and more

Today has been a nice day.  I did some cleaning.  I didn't do any projects (besides update my blog a bit).  Made a well-balanced dinner (which hasn't happened as much as I'd like).  Used fresh vegetables from my garden, played some soccer with Briggs, got spit up on by Sterling right in my hair and I just enjoyed my kids and family.  That's how every day should be if you ask me, sans the spit up (unfortunately I think that's in rose-colored-glasses-land).  But for what it was today... I'll take it.

I finally got some vacuum bags for our vacuum and cleaned my floors (it's been a long time coming).  I don't know if it is a psychological thing but if my bed is made, and my floors are cleaned I am much more productive during the day.  And I just feel better in general; I guess I'm kind of weird that way.  But the morning started off with Brooklyn singing (complete with vibrato and a microphone) and doing a performance for Cory, Sterling and me.  It was so cute!  She is at such a fun (and sometimes difficult) age!

After lunch, while Brooklyn napped, Ethan and I made monster cookies together.  He cracked the eggs all by himself and did a great job.  He kept saying, while licking the beater, "thanks mom for making monster cookies."  I loved my time with him!  Then of course we enjoyed some cookies and milk.  There is nothing like the crunch of a hard-shelled m&m in my mouth and some peanut butter and of course seeing how happy my kids are.



I took Sterling outside, the day was beautiful, and captured some fun photos of Ethan loving our dog Kola!  She is such a good fit for our family and we absolutely love her!  I couldn't just pick a few so here is how it all went down.


Puppy love





What's not to love about that?!?!  

Sterling likes Kola as long as she doesn't lick his face or brush by him.  


Happy boy

What do you have growing in your lawn???


Well, aside from some mushrooms we apparently have beans sprouting in abundance.  About a month ago Brooklyn was out playing with her little friend Savannah with a bean and rice mixture I have in a large container with cups and shovels etc.  They spilled quite a bit on the grass and I didn't think much about it.  A few weeks later we saw these little sprouts coming up all over the place.  Unbelievable.  They are like the beans that never end.  We have a ton sprouting up!  We pull them out, or mow them over and a few days later we have a new crop.  It is kind of funny... and annoying all at the same time.

You're never too young...


...to learn how to change a battery in a car.  This past week our car battery has been iffy at best.  Today Cory picked up a battery and wanted to show the boys how to change it.  They were attentive learners.  Brooklyn also got in there to "help."


A beautiful summer night


Brooklyn giving Cory kisses; she is a sweet girl
We ended the evening going on a nice family walk.  Our dog may or may not have pooped in the road along the way ;-)  We finished the evening catching up with our brother-in-law Jed (who just got back from Iraq on Tuesday) and Cory's sister.

Today was a good day.  

2 comments:

chrisjones said...

Cute pictures, cute family!

Tora Family said...

Loved reading - loved the pictures!