Sunday, October 2, 2011

Look who's mobile and 8 months now!

Well, it seems I just posted just a few days ago about Sterling turning 7 months (I'm in serious catch-up mode) and now he's been 8 months for about a week.  Here are a few things about Sterling this month


*Got his 2nd tooth September 16th (bottom right)
*Started crawling everywhere.  He started by doing the plank position and then falling forward.  He also gets up on all 4's and crawls like that a bit.
*Sat up by himself the first time on the 18th.  I often find him sitting up in his crib when he is awake and he crawls and sits everywhere.
*Stopped nursing on October 2nd; not his choice, but rather mine.  He was so easily distracted that it became very difficult.
*Daddy says he has silky kissable cheeks!
*He likes to stand in daddy's hand and balance in the air (he's actually been doing that for several months now).
*Kola our dog sits protectively around him when he is sitting out on the grass.  Sterling is okay with her as long as she doesn't lick him.  It is really cute!
*He has this cute side smirk that he gives you when he is just waking up or mildly amused.
*He sleeps great through the night from about 8-6 ish.
*He is quick to smile and finds Ethan hilarious.
*Arches his back when he's mad or doesn't want to be put in his high chair.
*Loves banana's, green beans and rice, and really any baby food.  He doesn't seem to care for rice cereal but prefers oatmeal cereal.  I think it is a texture thing for him.  He likes more texture.
*As always, he's a bright light in our family!  Here are some photos I took last week.  Please forgive the picture graininess on blogger; I still haven't figured that out and I'd rather spend my time posting, regardless, he's a pretty cute subject!


He loves to play with my necklaces; actually he likes to chew on them!
Such a little boy!  Here he is with the boys Bakugan book that he just stole from Brooklyn's lap; about 5 seconds later she took it back!  I love his little face and expression!



1 comment:

Kara said...

I love the recaps over the month - it makes it fun to look back at several children and compare notes!

He's darling-