Thursday, October 20, 2011

All things Halloween...

Halloween is in the house!! 
And I couldn't be happier! 
Actually it's been in the house since 3rd week of September ;-) I was a bit early this year!!
 
I. love. this. time. of. year!  

There is nothing like crisp autumn Idaho air, fall leaves, family bike rides, football in the front yard, family walks around the block with our dog, and yummy treats.  Oh... and... this adorable and super simple halloween skirt my friend invited me over to make at her house this morning after she saw my obsession with Halloween the other week.  She has 6 girls and had a lot of fabric and was so sweet to have me; I think it turned out adorable and Brooklyn has been wearing it ever since we got home.  I especially love the orange ric-rac!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the Halloween decorations I put up this year.  It was so nice to have my HUGE bookcase done in my living room and I could actually put some great decorations up there!  The only think I haven't delved into yet was some fun food (Melanie would die right now ;-).  I plan to make a few fun recipes this weekend from here.  I think she has the best no-fail recipes out there!


Photobucket

I finally bought a spooky tree.  I've been eyeing them for years now and with a great deal at JoAnnes I couldn't pass it up!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think it's safe to say I like all things witches!  I also added these to my halloween decor this year.

Photobucket
I found this pottery mirror at an antique store with my mom and sisters and it fit perfectly!

Photobucket

Photobucket
When my Mom was down last month we got together with my sister and made these cute Spooky blocks.  I love the way they turned out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I also found this cute black feather wreath at JoAnne's and decided it was time to take down my egg wreath that goes so well in my living room.

Photobucket
Ethan and Brooklyn were trying to see if they could reach the feathers.  You can see Brooklyn is getting quite close!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And last but not least, when my Mom was down here she gave me this cute little sign.  
If I'm feeling "witchy" I switch it to say "in" or leave it on "out."  I suppose if my kids think I'm being "witchy" they can do the same thing ;-)  Cute idea!

2 comments:

mmm... said...

Lisa, you never cease to amaze me. I always wish I could decorate like you. Even halloween. I don't know, if I've ever seen so many halloween decorations (complied so nicely together) that i love so much! Someday, I will hire you on. :) I love everything!

Tora Family said...

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE all of your decorations! And I LOVE that cute skirt you made for Brooklyn. And I think you and I have the same taste in colors (was noticing the garden green and turquoise blue walls with all the white trim and accents). You are so talented and crafty!