Monday, October 17, 2011

Look who's 7!!!

Photobucket

Briggs just turned 7 on the 7th!  Boy do we love this little boy!!  I asked him some questions that I thought would be fun to get his answers.  Here are some of his favorites:

Favorite part of his birthday:  "bowling and miniature golf"
... part of school:  "soccer outside, centers inside"
... church song:  "Helaman Stripling Warriors"
... story:  "Nephi"
... thing ever:  "school"
... treat:  "transformer ring pop"
... food:  "salad"
... toy:  "lego Star Wars"
... holiday:  "Can I say two?  Halloween and Christmas"
What do you want to be when you grow up?  "Football player for the Eagles"
... part of our Sun Valley trip (coming soon):  "bike ride"
... show to watch:  "transformer"

Photobucket

Briggs and Ethan have really been into Star Wars so it was natural to believe that Briggs would request such a cake... and I wasn't wrong.  A Yoda cake was what he really wanted and I think it turned out pretty cute.  Most importantly though, he loved it!  Brooklyn has since requested a princess lea cake next year.  So funny! 

The day after his birthday we took the cake, presents and Grandma Hansen with us up to Rexburg to eat pizza, bowl and play miniature golf.  We met my sister and her family as well.  It turned out to be a really fun evening and the kids loved it!  

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Brooklyn LOVED bowling!  Every time she got a pin down she'd throw her arms in the air and yell "I WON!"  and if she didn't get anything she'd say, "oooohh, I didn't win."  

She was also everybody's cheerleader.  Without fail if someone (especially Daddy) got some pins down her arms would fly up in the air and she'd run and give him an excited hug!  That alone was totally worth it all!  Boy I wish I could just freeze time sometimes!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
My niece Ashlyn enjoying cake

Photobucket
Ethan all about the Star Wars legos

Photobucket

We sure love our Briggs!!  Here's to another year!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Love the cake! No one in our family even knows what Star Wars is! I'm sure it will stay that while for little longer!

Tora Family said...

Love the cute cake and the cute toes on the table right next to it! I can't believe you have a 7yr old...and only a year away from having a baptism!