and FOOTBALL it was!!!
Complete with an authentic football field that Cory painted with a striping machine; and which he affectionately named "Hansen field"...makes sense right?!?!

I can't believe he's six already!!
To say that Briggs was excited for his party to start is an understatement. I made him a football cake like the one I made him when he turned 1; and just because he was so cute then here is a trip down memory lane....

He enjoyed his cake and ice cream and boy was he a cute baby!

Fast forward 5 years....
When the kids arrived Cory got them started with some flag football;
for most of the kids it was a hit and they had a great time!

Some action shots





The sideliners


Brooklyn just liked to wear the flags

Kyle was more interested in playing in our window well

And Eja just wanted to "watch"

Ethan cracks me up with his too-small-boise-state football uniform that he insisted on wearing


Ethan and Brooklyn took frequent breaks to hit up the "game-day-food-table"

Boy he is cute...and sweaty...

Please notice Cory's nice paint job...

Silly kids all enjoying grapes, carrots, doritos, pizza and sprite

Opening presents; he had lots of helpers


This is the automatic goofy face he always gives me unless I request otherwise.
Brooklyn is drinking someone else's sprite while there away; I know it's not hers.

We got Briggs a new bike. Out with the 16 inch and in with the 20.
He was so excited; actually I don't know if he was more excited or if Cory was more excited!
Cory sitting in our "tree" to hold the pinata.
Briggs and I tried making our own this week and it failed royally so we found this one for $10 bucks. Totally worth it. All the kids were able to hit it once and we let Briggs take the last swing and then the kids all dove in!
The gang...what a bunch of cute kids...
We finished off the party with some chocolate football cake before everyone took off.
It was a fun party and the time flew by!
Two more years until his next friend party and for that I will take a big sigh of relief!!

Happy 6th Briggs! We sure love you!
And a big thanks to all who were able to come make his day special!







4 comments:
Ronin said he had a great time...thanks for letting him be a part of it. My favorite pic is of Cory sitting on that ladder, makes me laugh!
lisa, you are incredible at making cakes! i wish i took some lessons before we left ohio! anyways, this party looked like so much fun! i can't get over how similar briggs looked when he was a baby! he is such a cute kid!
What a fun party! The pics are wonderful. Tell Cory great job with Hansen Field. The boys will have to play on it again before it gets mowed... Briggs was an adorable baby! He looks just the same now but older. Thanks for letting Braeden use a helmet. He had sooo much fun!
The sad thing is, I remember his first birthday very well. I can't believe it's been 5 years since then! :/
Post a Comment