Monday, September 6, 2010

Up to our ears...

in Corn!!!

On Saturday My mother-in-law and my sister-in-law Mindy and I got together for about 6 hours to prepare LOTS and LOTS of corn to be frozen for the upcoming year. I don't know exactly how many ears of corn we went through but we ended up with 242 cups of corn which we divided up between our families. We love Grandpa and Grandma's home-grown corn and look forward to enjoying it all year long!! Many thanks to them for letting us join in their harvest!!

Me and Mindy.

I had to laugh when I saw this picture because in my typical pregnant fashion I had water and corn stuck to my shirt under my belly where I didn't even notice until I saw this.

Just a small glimpse of some of our corn production. It got much messier as the day went on!

Judy...manning the stove

The boys, along with Grandpa and cousins shucked corn out in the yard. I came out one time to see this...


Notice Ronin's hands on my boys face...silly boy; I don't know where that came from!

The aftermath...Brooklyn and Rigdon (in background) played in the sandbox and jumped on the trampoline like the best of buddies.

It was a good day!

4 comments:

chrisjones said...

Yum! Nothing tastes as good as home produced corn in January! And I think you've come up with some great Halloween costumes for your boys.

Summer said...

That's amazing! I think I'm almost as amazed by the fact that you counted how many cups there were as by the volume of corn! ;D

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Yum, Yum!!
(You look positively adorable!!!)

La Candáche said...

So fun! I can't wait to have a garden someday :) Such cute kids!!