Thursday, September 16, 2010

Over the weekend...

This past weekend my parents came into town to spend a few days with us (unfortunately I forgot I had a camera :-). We had a great time; and as always the time goes waaaaay too fast. My dad hung a light for me in Brooklyn's room (which I'll post soon...I LOVE it!!!), and we enjoyed games, having a BBQ with my brother and his family, eating the yummiest key lime pie I've ever had (I'll put the recipe at bottom is anyone is interested!), and just hanging out.

On Saturday we drove up for my sister Crystal's little girls first birthday. Here are few pics from that!


Meet Ashyln, who didn't really know what to do with all the kids around and with opening presents. I told Crystal she'll be all over it next year!


The kids with cousin James enjoying pizza at Ashlyn's party

Crystal and Ashlyn

The aftermath...she definitely liked making the mess!

Key Lime Pie

Adapted from Emeril Lagasse


Crust:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

2 Tbsp sugar

1/3 cup melted butter


Press in bottom of spring-form pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Decrease temp to 325 for next phase.


Filling:

2 (14 oz) cans of condensed milk (1 fat free/1 regular)

1 cup of key lime juice or regular lime

2 whole eggs

1 cup of lite sour cream

1 Tbsp of lime zest


Mix ingredients and pour in cooled pan. Bake in 325 degree oven for about 20 minutes until sides look set and pie seems firm. Remove and allow to chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.


Remove spring-form, cut and serve.


Can garnish with whipped topping and lime zest.


Hint: Warm up your limes in the microwave for about 15 seconds before cutting and squeezing. It will yield more juice especially if they were in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

La Candáche said...

So cute! Who made the cake?! It's adorable!! I wish I could have been there! I just need to get rich (or better yet, marry a rich man;) so I can afford to fly home all the time to see my beautiful family!