Monday, October 4, 2010

Sabrina...


Last week Briggs got home from kindergarden with a big smile on his face. I hugged him and asked him about his day. It went something like this...

"Sabrina is my BEST friend ever!"
"Oh?"
"Yeah, we hugged before we got off the bus."
"Really? Did she hug you or did you hug her?" (A mom needs to know these things)
"We both just hugged each other...
She is just so nice and she gave me $5 for my birthday and I just love her so much..."

What do I really say to that. Is is a crush?...probably not on Briggs' end. Is it an innocent confession of love? I believe so but she does love to chase him every day at recess and I hear about it nearly every day.

Cory asked me what it is with girls that it seems that crushes start so young; I don't know but I remember doing the same thing when I was his age. I guess it's time to keep a close eye on my little Briggs ;-)


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I remember my first crush being at age 3. My husband is worried about our daughter and I'm trying to explain that it's normal and all girls are like that.

Love and Life said...

Hey, at least he's got good taste, right? :) Love the pics of Brooklyn, so cute! You do such a great job, Lisa!