Today I was talking with Briggs' primary teacher from church who asked us if our family is into sports. I had to smile because that is kind of an understatement around these parts between a husband that was literally counting down the days until football started (and reminding me every day along the way) and between my boys who play football EVERY single day after school for hours, I told her "YES...yes we are!"

She proceeded to tell me that Briggs came up to her on Sunday and asked "so...what is Gage (her 6-year old son) into these days?" (Of course sounding way older than his 6-years). She responded with a few things Gage likes and Briggs--truly with sports on the brain, who probably didn't hear her because he didn't hear any "buzz" words, responded with "so is he into baseball, football, soccer, basketball?" and when she said "we'll not really" she said he was quite surprised! I had to laugh because that is so our little Briggs!
Speaking of loving sports when Briggs was asked to do something for his up-coming primary talent show he told them he'd do something with football. So he and Ethan are going to work up something real spectacular I'm sure! I'll be sure to catch it on video!
Just another side story since I've got football on the brain. Last week the boys were out playing football and Briggs runs into the house with a big smile on his face and said, "You won't believe it but Ethan caught two one-handed catches of the football. I was so proud of him!! It was really unbelievable (his word not mine ;-). I wish I could do a one-handed catch like him!!" Ethan was right behind him with a smile as big as Texas and he again recounted his achievement and then he told me that Briggs said he'd give him two of his trophy's for making such good catches! Which Briggs was true to his word. I think Ethan was the happiest little Brother there ever way; and Briggs was equally as proud! I was really cute!
There are a lot of days when the boys play that it ends up in tears or crying, or someone storming off because the other wasn't playing by the rules (usually that's Ethan making his own rules) but it is moments like that that always make me smile. Just the other day Briggs came in and said, Ethan and I are the best brothers ever just like Joseph and Hyrum. They really can be sweet!

We sure LOVE LOVE LOVE our little boys!
Another sweet non-football note: Today while I watched Briggs get on the bus he sat down and did his daily wave-at-me-from-the-window-until-I'm-out-of-sight routine but then he smiled so big and began blowing me kisses; I loved it! As I walked back home I wished I could just bottle up that sweet little moment and never forget it; and hopefully I won't since I'm writing it down but I know that these days won't always be here when they are so sweet and innocent so for now I'm soaking it up.
I truly love being a mother and I feel so blessed!!


No comments:
Post a Comment