...and it wasn't warm soup in my kitchen!
Last night we got home from Cory's parents house and it was dark and pouring rain. Not 10 minutes after we got home the lights started flickering and then we heard a tremendous wind and rain storm outside that seemed to get really severe for about 5 minutes. After it died down a bit Cory went out to check our fence and saw this...
Totally busted...
We had to wait until morning to see, so when I opened my blinds I was pleased to see that sure enough, the house that Cory built was still standing ;-), but something was missing. It took me a minute then I realized that our trampoline was gone. Vanished! WHAT? Where did it go?
At first I thought someone took advantage of the storm and came and swiped it (look at me, always assuming the worst ;-) then upon closer evaluation I noticed that they left several poles. I quickly ruled out a theft and started looking for our trampoline when I spotted it about 300 yards away, in the neighbors horse pasture! It must have been some unbelievable storm to wisk our trampoline completely over two 6-foot fences and land where they did.







(click on picture to see a bigger view of where our trampoline was and where it ended up)
Going to retrieve our mangled mess of a trampoline in the blowing 33 degree weather. The springs were scattered all the way from the neighbors fence to the trampoline!
Loaded up and headed back home. Thankfully, aside from a few damaged springs it looks to be in good condition.
Question, do we take a chance and set it up again for the nice balmy 60-degree weather we're supposed to be getting in a week?!?!? Or do we pack it away for the winter?!?!?!
Cory and Briggs looking for any missing pieces in the church lot
This was the damage done to our neighbors wall; the neighbors with the horse pasture. Like I said, it must have been some serious wind!
Thankfully aside from a broken fence, our damage was minimal!


5 comments:
Wow! I knew the storm was bad but wholly crap! I can't believe it blew your trampoline that far. I vote keeping it down until next spring.
Wow that is crazy! Kevin's parents were without power for a couple of hours must of been a bad storm. Hope your feeling well we defiantly need to get together at Christmas if you guys are going to be around.
I don't remember that storm. Maybe I remember the wind but I didn't know it was that bad. I'm glad that your shed is still standing though! I do agree with love and life...pack it away till next year!!! Love ya:)
What! You're pregnant!! How did I not know! Well, congratulations! That's exciting! Life's more crazy with 4, but also more fun!
I honestly cannot believe this. I should be able to, cause I live here. But this is just sick and wrong! I am glad you seem to have found the pieces! And the damage to their brick wall, crazy!
Post a Comment