Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holiday Lights and Parade Festival



Tonight we went to the local Holiday Lights and Parade Festival which draws almost 40,000 people annually. The kids really liked it and we enjoyed all the holiday lights until it was time to go; and then there were tears for the next hour (I'm not exaggerating either). We were sitting in front of Cold Stone Creamery and I had to laugh as there were about 40 crazy people in there buying ice cream in the 40 degree weather! Too cold for me to eat ice cream!!!

Brooklyn loved the horses and the dogs and would dance to the band music and she only wanted me to hold her. The boys stood out on the street to get the closest look and didn't want me to take very many pictures of them; therefore there are more of Brooklyn who was just so cute in her puffy pink coat and I needed someone to practice my night pictures on. Half-way through the parade Briggs found some sidewalk chalk and wrote his name and then proceeded to ask how to spell "ball" and then "kangaroo" and "rhinoceros." Silly boy.

I took about 125 pictures as I really wanted to try and capture the essence and feeling of evening, the lights, and the mood. Out of those pictures I yielded about 15-20 decent pictures. Here they are!


We love our little town! It's actually quite charming!



All the little boys and girls were buying these cheap light sabers and Briggs really wanted one. Maybe Santa will bring him a more sturdy light saber for Christmas!


Brooklyn looking at the people behind me who were smiling at her! Love that little girl!









Let the holiday's begin!!

No comments: