Thursday, November 12, 2009

7th Anniversary


Picture taken a few days after our wedding 7 years ago...

On Tuesday Cory and I had his cousin's daughter Dakota come down from their home in Marysville (40 minutes from us) and watch our kids overnight so we could have a little get-away for our anniversary.  We headed up to the Kalahari resort in Sandusky, Ohio.  It was fun!
 
We had a great little package deal where we got the king whirlpool suite along with 2 spa services and passes to the indoor water park.   When we got there Tuesday evening we went and grabbed some dinner at Outback Steakhouse....

...where we enjoyed their ever-so-popular Bloomin Onion (ooooooh...so fattening but oooohhhh sooooo good!) 

and then we had their awesome pork tenderloin with this great orange sauce.  Cory laughed at me when I ordered our side of green beans with no butter since we already "ruined" it with our fattening Bloomin' Onion but...you have to take baby steps somewhere right ;-) and the beans were better the natural steamed way anyhow!!  I think the picture below speaks for itself!!  We can't stop saying how moist and great this pork tenderloin dish, and the sauce....yummy...we definitely recommend this one!!!
  
Then we went and checked into our room, walked around the massive hotel, and then headed down for our spa treatments.  

Doesn't that sound so yuppy?  Though...I do have to admit that I love a great massage....but that's besides the point.  Cory and and had a nice time just being together.  He got a swedish massage and I got a facial.  I have never had a facial and I probably will always prefer a massage over a facial but it was a new experience; I will say this, it seemed to me to be a glorified face wash, though pretty relaxing.  

On our way back to our room we stopped off at the Candy Hut and got a chocolate, caramel covered pecan cluster and shared that.  And there may or may not have been one other piece of chocolate in there ;-)

Here is our little suite.  I didn't bring my nice camera and the batteries died in my point in shoot so unfortunately I have no pictures of us there; so these pictures are courtesy of the internet and their website.  It was a pretty nice room.  It was so nice to just enjoy being together and talk with no interruptions.  I even brought along our book of letter that we exchanged before we were married and during our first year (I know...kind of sappy) but we had fun looking through all of those and the pictures of us when we were first married.  It really took us back in time and it was fun to see how much our love has grown over the past 7 years.  I feel so blessed to have Cory in my life!  


The next morning we slept in....I know....it almost seems wrong to utter the words but it felt nice.  We got up at 8 and went to the fitness center and then went and grabbed some breakfast at Perkins before heading to the water park.  There we enjoyed all the adult slides; the ones where you can't take your kids because they aren't 42" or 48" tall yet.   

This was the fastest slide and one of Cory's favorites.  


I thought the Swahili swirl was pretty fun!!

We enjoyed the wave pool where I was trying to ride the waves and my top got pulled down by the current.  Fortunately the woman I flashed (a mother holding her child) laughed and told me not to worry because her husband just lost his shorts.  That made me feel better....

Then the high light of the entire water park....the FLO RIDER...Cory had a blast on this!  I too enjoyed it the two times I went down.   Before I started the guy at the top asked me if I had a shirt to wear over my suit because women have lost their tops and bottoms before.  I told him I'd be fine; I had on a modest tankini (pictured below--though it definitely doesn't look that cute on me yet).  I guess that's besides the point.  Anway...I clearly thought I had nothing to worry about...I guess that is when you need to worry!


So, the first time down I looked much like this woman in the picture below and then the instructor at the bottom told me to roll over my board and get back on.   So always being willing to try anything once I did it...the wave caught me...pushed me all the way to the top...but this time with my swim bottoms down below my bum.  Yup...everyone got a great view.  I looked over at Cory who was busting up laughing.  But you get two rides and I decided that since I'd waited in line for 30 minutes coupled with the fact that I'm comfortable with myself enough to know that the worst has probably happened I jumped back on my board.  This time when I fell off my board and the water wisked me to the top I lost my top.  Yes...the water was so strong that it pushed my swimsuit down and exposed my chest.  Thankfully the guy at the top had a towel to cover me.  I would have loved to have done it again but I couldn't risk the exposure!  Next time I'll come in a one-piece body suit.  Then I'll be prepared!!


Cory on the other hand did this attraction about 6 different times.  Three times body boarding and 3 times surfing.  He actually did pretty good on the surfing until he landed on his shoulder pretty bad.  Overall we had a great time!

Well, we had a great time!! We are so thankful that the kids had such a great time with Dakota and that we were able to celebrate our past 7 years!!  Happy Anniversary hun!!  Love you!

Our Wedding Announcement picture

8 comments:

Tora Family said...

SEEEE! You look so cute with your short hair!

Wow - that waterslide sure created some great memories...for everyone there! ;)

Happy Anniversary!

mmm... said...

congratulations! sounds like fun. i can't believe you lost your top and bottom! that hilarious! great memories to come.

Todd said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. A little shock and awe at the water park - good times.

Amy Eaton said...

How fun... so jealous! (Not about you loosing your suit but about having a fun trip with your hubby. :)

Jerry and Kathryn said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great trip.

Stephani said...

Sounds like lots of fun, I love to read what you guys do, it's always right up my alley of what I'd think was fun. (Except the disappearing swimsuit of course, lol, oh my goodness I would have about died. ;)

Kara said...

How fun! We have a Kalahari by us as well and we make an annual trip with the kids there. So much fun. However, my swimsuit didn't fall off when I surfed, but I saw many that did!

Sadie said...

That's hilarious! Showing everyone what you've got...more than than once. You're brave.