To start out the night we roasted hot dogs out at our fire-pit! A family favorite!
Boy, he is getting so big!
Briggs took this picture of Cory and me
Then got the kids dressed in their costumes. They loved trick-or-treating and Ethan really got the hang of it and began running from home to home. That seemed so out of character for him since he doesn't like strangers but I guess once he figured out they were freely giving him candy he was all over it!
Our Power Ranger and Jack Sparrow!

And our cute little chicken! She couldn't keep her hand out of the candy jar!
Oh, I love that girl! She is so funny!


Walking down our street. One thing I love about our area is that when the weather is nice everyone sits outside in their driveway to hand out candy and you get to see all your neighbors! It is pretty fun.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE OF ETHAN!!
(Pay attention to the series of events)
Meet Captain Jack Sparrow...
...who fiercely swung his sword...
...and lost his pants...
I couldn't resist a giggle as he was struggling to pull them up! He had a hard enough time committing to the bandanna and the pants that I was even surprised at all that he was posing with the sword for me. It just made it that much more funny to me!
Oh, I love this little boy!
Our little Ethanator!
At the ward Trunk-or-treat! It's the best one I could get! Brooklyn clearly is done!
Our little chicken got a lot of attention!
The pumpkins we carved in November. We really did mean to do them earlier but it kept getting pushed back and back (I guess it wasn't a top priority). The kids enjoyed doing it all the same, although they didn't like to touch the slimy inside.
Adults ONLY...Halloween Party!

This year I was inspired by a halloween party my friend Tia threw early in October and decided that after so many years of wanting to throw a party that I would stop thinking about it and do it! I would like to make it a yearly tradition! It turned out to be so much fun!
We had yummy food and goodies, homemade "brewing" root beer, a costume contest, white elephant gifts, a crackling fire outside, fun games and great company.
We also played Mafia. Which turned out to be a BLAST!! A perfect game to play with a big group and we sure learned a lot about some of our friends. Like those who were toooooo good at lying....you know who you are (Kelly and Melanie ;-) It was so much fun! What a great time!

"Partly Cloudy with a chance of showers" better watch out or you might get wet!
The resident Witch (as Cory so lovingly named me) I had a great wig and hat but I was too hot to wear! Maybe next year!

The winner of our costume contest by nomination:
H1N1 1/2 (for baby on the way)
-Bill and Kristin

Uncle Rico and Debbie with her boondoggle
(Napoleon Dynamite)
I loved this one!!! Made me laugh so hard! I especially loved the entrance with Kelly pulling the boondoggle behind her (I thought she was bringing her suitcase and staying the night) and Uncle Rico throwing his football around. Hilarious!
-Neal and Kelly

Clean Laundry. These two were stuck together all night long!
They brought the coveted laundry soap for their white elephant gift that everyone wanted!
-April and Paul

Cute Cop and the Prison Breakout!
-Melanie and Ben

Who's behind the mask you ask?......

The Clintons...without their masks!
-Marianne and Jeff

The Mona Lisa and Leonardo da Vinci
-Meghan and Brian

Pretty princess and fierce pirate!!!
-Erica and Tad

Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal from "What's up Doc"
They swear it is a funny movie and I joked with them that they were the smartest couple who came dressed for bed!!
-Eddie and Andrea
Thanks all for coming and enjoying Halloween with us!!



4 comments:
What a cute party! There were some very clever costumes! So fun! Can't wait to see you sometime in Montana...
hey lisa, that was such a fun party. thank you so much! you are a great hostess.
Fun! We have attempted to play Mofia a few times. It worked great once and since then the people we play with can't seem to comprehend it. Silly.
H1 and N1 1/2, now that is creative! What a fun party, all that food looks so good! And love your back yard, I am sitting here absolutely coveting your trees and all those beautiful leaves :) And how fun to roast hot dogs over the fire pit, that sounds like a Halloween tradition my kids would love.
Post a Comment