
Boy, when we got the call last Sunday that he was 1 of 3 winners, Briggs was just beaming and proclaimed "I knew I'd win the coloring contest!" Not modest by any means, but oh, so innocent and sweet! He was even more excited to go and pick up his prize from the Sweetheart Bakery which consisted of 1 large box of twinkies and 1 box of hoho's, some chips, a big package of cookies, cheese and peanut butter crackers and a few packages of candy. Clearly more bad food than a child/family needs especially around Halloween and the other holidays but he was pretty excited!
This was Monday.
On Tuesday (after only 1 hoho from his prized winnings) Briggs decided that he wanted to make a goal for himself (he is very self-motivated and loves to make charts and goals and work towards different things) and he decided that he wasn't going to eat any sweets for 6 days and wanted to earn some baseball cards.
I know I've mentioned this a time or two but Briggs absolutely LOVES baseball and has already spent much of his birthday money on building up his collection and has sorted them by pitchers, catchers, outfielders, and hitters. What a funny and particular little boy he is, so another pack of baseball cards would be the best thing to him. Boy, I tell you, I thought that this "no sweets" thing would last a day or so but he has been absolutely perfect. One day I was getting Ethan a cookie and Briggs was about to ask for one then he remembered his goal and said to me, "those cookies sure look good but I have a goal." On another morning I told him we were going to make pancakes for breakfast and he asked me if we could make healthy pancakes because he is trying to eat healthy. He even gave his box of Twinkies to Ethan's preschool class for their snack. What a great example to Cory and me! And truly...he did this all on his own. We are so proud of him (the good proud that is!) he is such a good little boy! We thank Heavenly Father for each of our children and feel so blessed to be their parents!!
We love you Briggs!


2 comments:
What a little sweetheart and on motivated boy. Don't we all wish we could be that motivated. BTW your Halloween party looked like so much fun and you always have the cutest decorations.
Dang I wish I had his dedication!
Post a Comment