Last night was a LOOOONNNGG night for all of us here at the Hansen home! Around 6 p.m. Ethan threw up all over the couch, and the kitchen, then continued to throw up all night long (5-6 times). The poor boy kept saying, "I'm just not feeling very good." I hate when my kids feel sick! He couldn't even seem to keep down his own saliva (too much information?) Anyway, about 3 hours after Ethan threw up Briggs woke up and had lost what looked like 3 days worth of food. It was quite incredible actually--and a HUGE mess. Needless-to-say, it was a long night! So, when the alarm clock went off at 7 for Cory to get up and get ready for the ward annual turkey flag-football game; I wasn't anywhere near ready to get out of bed. But since Cory was he heading that one up he was on the move and out the door by 7:30!

About 20 guys showed up to play, as well as 1 wife with her 5 kids and 4 other kids to help cheer on their men/fathers, as they played in the 44 degree weather; brrr! The boys and Brooklyn and I showed up around 9 and stayed for about 45 minutes. Briggs had fun playing with the other boys and enjoying hot chocolate.


















The guy walking behind Cory is Andy; he's a BIG guy. Well, during the game Andy was diving for something and his head came into contact with Cory's mouth which resulted in Cory's huge fat lip.
When we got home and we looked inside his lip it was a huge cut (looked like a big valley). Cory decided to go to the hospital to see if he needed stitches and sure enough they put 2 in his lip. No fun for him! When he came home from the hospital the nurses told him that that there were two other men in there today from accidents that happened while playing football. One man broke his leg and another a rib; so we'll take the two stitches!
Brooklyn in her element. Cups and spoons! Wearing the hat the my sister-in-law Jackie made her!! I LOVE it!
It didn't take her long to realize that this warm goodness was chocolate and she was all over that one!
As I'm looking at these pictures commenting I just realized that Brooklyn should not be sharing a cup with sick Ethan. I've been saying all day how I hope she doesn't get sick and look at that! I think I just won mother of the year award for that one!
This is the only sunshine we saw today; and it wasn't out for very long!
Three cold, tired, sick, and grumpy kids. Ready to go home!
A nice spread for the hungry guys!
Bryn Keck (tuff guy Andy's wife) who came with her 5 kids. She's a trooper!
The boys being silly. The two boys on the end are two of Bryn and Andy's boys.
Love silly faces
Look at Ethan! So cute!
Briggs is a funny boy! That boy loves to play ball!
This afternoon for dinner we planned to eat around 3 and share Thanksgiving dinner via skype with Jodi (Cory's sister) and her family in Texas. So we brought our computer in the dining room and we prayed, and talked and ate together. It was a lot of fun! The kids loved it! We loved it! It was the next best thing to not being with family!
Ethan, still not feeling great. Talking to cousins.

My family talking to the Palumbo family!
Here they are! What we were seeing!

Thanks for sharing Thanksgiving with us! We love you guys!



1 comment:
What an exciting Thanksgiving. I hope no one else gets sick.
Post a Comment