I really don't like Black Friday! I hate how everyone gets up at 2 in the morning, in the freezing rain or snow, to stand in line for one of five tickets available for the hottest electronics this year. I hate how it is a complete zoo inside the door with frantic parents trying to get the latest toy for their little Bobby who will die if he doesn't get what he wants, and I hate the rush I feel in my heart as I think, "is this what Christmas is all about?" and every year I say I won't be roped into black friday and every year I fall for those great lost leader ads enticing me to rise much earlier than the birds to try and save a few dollars. This year was no exception.
After looking at all the ads I decided that if I was going to choose one store to get my shopping done for christmas it would be Toy-R-Us. So, since it opened at midnight I decided I would head out a little before and get in and get out. Wouldn't that be nice? So I went to bed about 10:30 to take a short nap (I was pretty tired) and then I woke up to drive the 15 minutes to our nearest, brand-new store. It was raining and cold and I was certain there couldn't be that many people there. Boy...was I ever wrong. As I get closer and closer I see more and more cars on the road; not a good sign. Then as I come up to Toys-R-Us I see a sea of cars in their parking lot as well as the full parking lot next door. Then, I see, no kidding, 50-60 more cars jammed up on the road and trying to get into the parking lot. Heck no! I drove right past and circled home. I ended up going home and ordering exactly what I wanted on their website for about 10 bucks more with shipping. Definitely worth the extra $10 bucks. I was even able to get the doorbuster items for the price in the ad. So, overall I am pretty happy. I think I'll head out today for some casual shopping; after all I am more rested up than 90% of the other shoppers out there today!
Cory just called me (it's 9:20 am) and after waiting on the phone for an hour last night at midnight to try and order the laptop that he wanted from Best Buy he finally gave up and went to bed.

This morning he decided to go in the store and see if there was a chance he could get the one that he wanted. Cory started to talk to the boy in front of him who had a ticket and was waiting in the doorbuster line to claim his lap top and he told Cory that he was outside at 12:30 this morning and there were already 200 people in front of him; Cory thought there would be no way he'd get what he wanted but he decided to wait and see if they had anything when he got to the counter. The woman working there came up and down the line taking people's tickets and giving them their desired HOT electronic item. When she got to Cory he told her what he was looking for she said that after 9 a.m. they no longer accept tickets and it's a first come first serve basis. Talk about great timing; he was actually able to get the laptop that he wanted! I am so excited for him.




No comments:
Post a Comment