This past Monday for Family Home Evening we went out to purchase our Christmas tree. We decided recently that we are going to sell our truck....
(which is for sale if you're interested)
....so we decided that as a last tribute to our beloved truck we decided we'd all ride in our truck together. So we loaded all the car seats and the kids up headed off to McDonald's for some hot chocolate before heading to Home Depot to select the perfect tree. The boys were pumped!! As the picture below shows!
Yes, they are holding the pieces to our vacuum. What is it with boys and swords?!?!?!? Anything seems to do...
We selected the tree quickly, made our purchase and headed out to the truck when we realized that we couldn't open our truck. The key fob wouldn't work, and our key wouldn't work. It was unbelievable. So, thinking, "hey, were at a fix it store, lets go in and see if our battery to our key fob is dead." So that is what we did. Still....a no go. I couldn't believe it! We were locked out of our vehicle and we had our keys in hand. So, I went in and asked several employees if they had anything to break into a car (other than a sledge hammer) or if Home Depot had anything that might work. Nope. Someone gave me to idea to call the cops. I did that and because there was no child locked in the car they wouldn't do it.This was turning out to be some sort of night. The kids were wired and we were ready to go home!
I just happened to have our van keys in my pocket (so lucky for us) so we called a friend who came and took Cory home to get our van. A few minutes later, as I'm trying to keep the boys in check and from running and hiding behind all the boxes and rug samples in Home Depot, which isn't an easy task, I got a call from Cory saying that I didn't have a key to the outside of our house. What?!?!?! I knew I did. He couldn't get in to get our van in our garage.
It was past bedtime now and I was pretty frustrated. Finally I realized that I think my key worked for the back door! Hallelujah!! It worked!
About 15 minutes later Cory got back with the van and we tried the whole bent metal hanger trick and reaching through the back window; to no avail. So the kids and I headed home. Unfortunately, since the night didn't work as we had anticipated we didn't decorate our tree until Tuesday, and the boys complained the whole way home, but I was fine with it. Tuesday would have to do!
Cory ended up calling Triple A and they came and opened it up for him. So, 90 minutes later, $55 dollars more for triple A and a new battery, we were home; what an evening! Oh, well, chalk it up to a memory! I guess we'll always remember this years Christmas tree adventure!

Brooklyn was enthralled with all the lights and ornaments. She would pick up the ornaments and throw them in the bottom of the tree. When we were all done she had a whole stock-pile!















5 comments:
I would say that is quite a night. I can totally picture it. The pics are priceless!!
What is a Christmas Tree hunt without a little drama? ;) Beautiful tree...and beautiful kids!
Definitely a tree hunting adventure you won't forget. ;)
Love the vacuum tube swords, my boys do that one too. And beautiful tree, looks so cozy, I love the lights. Your kids look like they had a lot of fun decorating it.
Wow! Sounds rough! But nice lookin tree and beautiful family!
What a night!
Post a Comment