Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some humorous Ethanisms....


A few weeks ago we were strolling through Costco when Cory came up to me and told me what Ethan had just asked him. I guess the convo went something like this:

Ethan: (seeing a clock) Dad....what time is it?
Cory: I don't know son
Ethan: Is it Christmas time?

We got a good laugh out of that. How simple-minded and innocent children are.....


...At least I thought he was all innocent until Saturday rolled around and I took him with me to run a few errands and we were driving along and he says to me:


Ethan: Mom, go faster.
Me: Ethan I can't go faster, I don't want to break the speed limit.
Ethan: Oh, it's okay as long as there aren't any cops and you don't hit anything; then you can go faster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...we are in so much trouble when he gets his drivers license! I honestly don't know where he learned that.

I put this in our family christmas letter but I thought I would share since it relates and shows a little bit about Ethan's personality...or should I say...passions.

"This summer Cory found a larger 4-wheeler at a garage sale for older kids (5 and up) and Ethan took right to it. The boy seriously loves speed and surprisingly he mans that 4-wheeler like it was what he was born to do. He actually reminds me of my dad and brother; he seriously cracks me up! The boy loves to do little stunts and try new tricks. One day I looked over at him as he was riding down the sidewalk and saw him standing up, eyes closed, with his arms outstretched with the gas full-throttle. Unbelievable!! I just watched him, wanting to see how it all played out. He eventually hit a little bike and it shook him back into reality. Cory and I both agree that we are in trouble with this one; I can only imagine what our car insurance is going to be like to cover this little boy when he’s a teenager. He definitely keeps us on our toes."'

He really is a sweet little boy and makes me smile everyday. Earlier that night when we were at Michael's he happened upon some Jingle Bells, picked them up, started shaking them while singing at the top of his lungs "jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...."

...and when he got done with the entire song he looked at me with a big smile and said, "mom is that great singing?" and of course I smiled really big and told him that it was "awesome singing," just then I turned around to see that he had a little audience who had big smiles on their face; they had come wanting to see who the cute singing was coming from.

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

What an adorable little guy you have! He's such a hoot!