This past weekend we were invited to a fun UGLY sweater party...So fun!! We enjoyed yummy food, good laughs, and fun games. We played this great reindeer game, the "I never game" and a enjoyed a white elephant exchange; Cory and I came away with some food storage hot chocolate, and a candle--not bad!

The first game
The Reindeer Game
First step: blow up 8 balloons per team...
It's harder than it looks I assure you!
One leg done. I have to point out our competition. Too funny! I love it!
The final step...try on the reindeer antlers and run to the end of the room and then put it on your spouses head and run back! We did it in 3 min. 8 sec. Way to go "team Hansen!"
Ben and Melanie were a while before finishing theirs. I had to laugh when Melanie asked how we did it so quick and Cory jokingly responded that it's because we've been married 7 years! And if we were in our 2nd year of marriage (like them) it would have taken us just as long; which is probably true--we probably would have been quietly arguing about how to stuff the balloons in the legs and it would have taken us twice as long ;-)
I had to laugh; it was pretty funny!!
Check out our reindeer friends...
Neil and Kelly! We tied with these two for time! Yes...we did time this ;-) I guess you could say we're a competitive group!
Love Bill's dad's face! Isn't that a classic "dad" sweater. I think I remember my dad had a few of those; maybe just not so loud!
Do you like Bills interpretation of an ugly sweater? Can I say Michigan fan!
And Kristin's tic-tac-toe sweater. Love it!
April and Paul
Posing with reindeer horns!
Bat thumb makes a return!!
I think I remember him from my halloween party...hmmm...how come no one wanted to open the present I bought? It finally made it back to the original winners; the Matthews!
And now for the winners of the UGLY sweater contest. Taken by vote. 2nd runner up belongs to Bills dad...and the winner is....drumroll....

Cory!!! Way to go hun!!
Melanie and I did a good job picking out that sweater for him at Goodwill! Can't beat a $1!!

We had a wonderful time!

Maybe...just maybe...everything is better with an UGLY sweater!


3 comments:
I have never been to an ugly sweater party. I'm starting to feel like I've been missing something... ;)
bwahahaha! we had a blast! love you guys!
I LOVE ugly sweater parties! Although...I have to say...some of those sweaters weren't ugly enough! Looks like it was fun! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment