When he was done with his bottle the magic was gone as he wiggled out of my arms, but I played a little game with him that my Mom used to do with us as kids where she would do small little kisses up and down our arms and we'd always giggle, put out our arms and ask for more. Well, Sterling loves it too, just like all of our babies did (and which Brooklyn still loves). So I kissed away and then he'd giggle, put out his arm again and say "guh" and we'd do it all over again about a dozen times. I just want to remember... with four kids sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the fun things they say, the cute, and sometimes not-so-cute things they do, the feelings of this time in our lives. Simply put... I want to remember.
So, a few things to remember about this little boy right now! (The other kids posts are coming soon)
- He walks around the house like he rules it. I'm not kidding either. He does the same outside.
- One day he was walking between rows of weeds in our last-years-garden and fell backwards and just sat there with his arms straight up in the air not moving (definitely unsure what to do next).
- He likes to carry the stick to the back door all around the house and throw any and everything down the stairs.
- He can climb up the ladder to the playhouse and go down the slide backwards by himself.
- He loves Kola's squeaky bone that she got for Christmas and between Kola and Sterling that bone is always being used. If Sterling has the bone, Kola usually comes for it, and Sterling quickly gives it up by throwing it. He loves Kola and has no problem reaching for things in her mouth. My personal favorite is when Kola is laying down and Sterling bends down and tries to lift her up; it's so cute!
- He is a climber... any and everything.
- He likes to wear Daddy's shoes.
- He squeals like nobody's business.
- He is compassionate. A few weeks ago Brooklyn was sitting on the kitchen floor crying and Sterling walked right up to her and stood in front of her. Then after pausing for a moment he leaned down and put his head on her chest. It was so sweet and so tender.
- He is getting to the point that he only likes to feed himself and doesn't want help.
- He is a fast walker and pretty good at kicking a soccer ball.
- He has the best giggle and smile!
- He talks alot... rather, he babbles a lot.
- If he's being grumpy I'll say, "do you need to go to bed," and he'll say, "ut-uh" and if he doesn't like you doing something he very clearly says, "dooooon't!" Clearly a product of older siblings.
- Usually the first word out of his mouth after a nap is "ca-cow" (cracker), and he says ga-ga for Grandma and Grandpa.
- When we say prayer he'll cross his arms on top of each other and we used to clap because he was "doing it," so now when he sees us praying he crosses his arms and then claps for himself. It's so cute!
- He pulls at the back of his hair when he is getting tired.
- He likes to be goofy and make people laugh.
- He loves to be chased and tries to run away giggling as I say, "I'm donna tum and det you." (Did I just admit that I say that?!?!? Well, I do, but I don't usually talk so shamefully baby :) but he loves it by the way :) and then I swing him up in the air and kiss his neck. He's nummy... (there I go again!) but he is!
If I say the word "bath," he is off to the bathroom in a run/walk and trying to climb into the tub, but not before he stops at the drawer to put the toys in the tub, babbling the entire time. When I lay him back in the tub to wash his hair he sits really still and then with soap on my hands I rub under his chin and he loves it. He also likes when I put lotion on him after his bath and to help do his hair.
He is completely bow-legged, and pigeon-toed... oh, and he has really cute dimples in his bum (I'm pretty sure he'll be thanking me for this when he's older.)
No matter how much people tell me that I am going to miss these days (and how much I know they are right!), there are a few things I know I won't miss... the massive baby banana cereal mess all over the floor-hair-window-high chair-table-clothes-between fingers and under nails... well, maybe :) If I get to see those cute dimples above :)
Where I usually can be found when I'm not cleaning up messes... which seem to happen in a blink of an eye... it really is a phenomenon.
Briggs is such a good brother to Sterling. Today the two of them were outside together and as Briggs was carrying him in the house I was watching as Sterling nestled his head on Briggs shoulder and tucked his little hands down by his side (his signature cuddle) it melted my heart. I secretly wished I could be the road runner and grab my camera in a millisecond and not miss capturing that moment, but instead I stood there, willing my brain to never forget that sweet moment.
Sterling LOVES balls just like his brothers did/do! I think it's safe to say that he fits into this family well. This morning he was out back by himself (he would live outside if we let him) and when I went to check on him he was on our little basketball court on the other side of the house trying to play. So I brought the hoop over by our back porch so he could reach it and he and Briggs played out there for a long time.
This is Sterling's annoyed and I'm mad and I'm probably screeching face.
His concentration stance and face...
It's a well-known fact that this little boy is such a joy in our lives, fun, and funny, and we love love love our Derlin! So, until next the time I decide to get sentimental (which I'm sure is right around the corner), I think I'll work on posting some fun things about the other wonderful kiddies of mine, or maybe my master bedroom that I am working on, or Women's conference, or a favorite recipe of mine... hmmm, the options are endless!


No comments:
Post a Comment