Thursday, May 24, 2012

So... it's been two years...

And this is what our Master bedroom has looked like... please excuse my messy bathroom!


Pretty standard, nothing really wrong, just nothing really special either.  I've done just about every other room in our house and I finally decided it was time to do the Master.  


The same pillows we've had on our bed for about 9 years.  Brown pillows in front of a brown bed... A little boring for my love of color!!  And definitely time for a change!!

So, I first painted our room a color that we had in our room in Kansas City that I loved.  Almost a pastel sea green, but when I painted in this room I DETESTED it!  I don't know if it was because our room faced a different direction and we didn't have as much natural light.  Either way it was no good!  I walked in and out of the room for two days trying to will my mind to like it so I didn't have to re-paint it but it was no use; it just wasn't going to happen.  

So I decided that I really like grey and brown together so I pulled all the different shades of grey out of my closet... pants, a jacket, a shirt, a sweater and draped them over my headboard and I instantly found the one that I LOVED (because there are a million shades of grey... literally).  I pulled a bunch of the grey swatches I had and matched it to my jacket and Swanky Grey was it! That's my kind of color, a little spunk and just a hint of purple (if I say the word Heather grey does that conjure up an image of the color of grey?) and so I went and made my purchase and got started on it.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!   I really couldn't be happier!  Here are some photos of the room.  I also moved the photos of the kids from the hallway... for now anyway.  I would love to have those frames filled with some fun photos of Cory and I but that will come later.




I found this yellow mirror at an antique mall last year and I've been moving it from place to place as it really didn't belong anywhere until now.  I love it!





I still haven't done anything with the other walls but it will come in time.  Here are the pillows I came up with.  The orange ones are really my old brown ones in disguise.  The dark blue is only floral on one side and then regular pillowcase on the other side for sleeping comfort.  Then I threw in a punch of green because it's one of my favorites and a little yellow.  More accessorizing to come later.  For now I'm content until the perfect idea pops into my mind to finish it off.  I also think I'll put some curtains up eventually.  Overall I'm loving it!



And that is a wrap for the Master bedroom.  The guest bedroom coming soon, and other home projects that I realized I haven't posted about yet!

No comments: