Sunday, April 15, 2012

Let's play...

Well, we've been up to a lot around these parts.  I think it's time I take a big sigh, kick back and maybe relax an little bit.  

The Tuesday afternoon before Easter we received our wooden swing set in three HUGE boxes and Cory and I began sorting the the wood into designated piles, and worked to get the foundation built while the kids loved throwing balls, and rolling cars along the slide.

(We spent about 3 hours total) 

Day 1-Chilly but sunny


Day 2-cold and windy

Our really good friend Drew came over to help Cory work on the Hansen Play-house; he brought his dog Sauce and when Kola saw Sauce she turned and ran into the house... it was pretty funny!  Kola and Sauce eventually settled into an agreeable friendship and I think they enjoyed each others company.  

I deep cleaned my kitchen with a friend while the guys worked; Kaitie and Drew joined us for hamburgers and then I headed off for a photo shoot.  

(The guys worked about 10 hours) 






Day 3-Sunny and warm

Finally no biting wind on day 3.  Ethan and Brooklyn wanted to help all the time; they were constant shadows for the guys.  I was happy to see that Ethan didn't get a black eye after all after getting hit with a socket wrench the night before.  Sterling enjoyed sitting in his high-chair eating "ca ca" (crackers) while watching the guys.  He kept a great conversation going with them as he'd yell and make sure they knew he was there.  

Much more completed on the playhouse; it's really coming together!

Another crazy day for me, I bought pizza and Kaitie joined us for dinner.  

(The guys worked about 8 hours and then Cory and I worked another 2 hours before dusk)


 Ethan and the dogs were constant shadows to Drew!

 The boys helping clean up before bed time


 Brooklyn playing peek-a-boo


 The kids got their sleeping bags and blankets and sat out watching Cory and I while the temperature plummeted to low 40's.

and on...Day 4 we awoke to a blanket of snow covering everything!  Spring in Idaho!

Day 5-Sun back and Playtime

The snow melted and Cory and I worked to finish the playhouse another couple of hours (about 3).
Finally it was done.  We couldn't have done it so quickly without the help of our friend Drew and some help from our neighbor Allan on the first day.  

The kids love the lookout over the swings, the picnic bench, and the double swings.  It think they'll make lots of great memories!  They just need to come up with a great name for their playhouse and I'm going to put it up in front.  Any suggestions????

 Brooklyn loved being daddy's little helper!

The Look-out!

 Last few monster truck races before daddy put up the slide.

 Everything but the slide and climbing wall

 love love love!




 Cory testing the slide

 Sterling heading out




 Cleaning up.  Briggs was a great help when he was home from school!



and I think that about sums it up!

4 comments:

Love and Life said...

Looks like we definately need come help check out your new play area. Way cool!!!!

Elder Tyler Mumford said...

Wow! What a project! The result is amazing though. You two are talented! Can't wait to see you in a week and a half!!!

Shelly and Ken said...

I love it! Looks like a lot of fun. My suggestion "Never Land" from Petter Pan (a place where you imagine and fight the bad guys and the best part you never grow up).

Shelly and Ken said...

I love it! What a fun playground. My name suggestion is "Never Land" from Peter Pan (a place to imagine and fight the bad guys and best of all never grow up).