Wow, I can hardly believe that March is almost behind us! It's spring break here in Idaho and the weather is cruddy! Rainy... windy... and cold. Sooo much fun!
I know I am about 2 months behind on blogging but I'll just pick up in March. Brace yourself for some photos of what we've been up to this month... and a few milestones in there!
Sterling
- Started walking the first few days of the month (around 13 months).
- He has mastered going down the stairs but the way he does it frightens me a little.
- He loves the bath and if I ask him if he wants one he gets up and walks to the bathtub (but not before stopping off to grab some toys from the drawer to play with... so cute).
- He has learned a few words in sign language (water, more, all done, pee-ewe); it amazes me how keen he is and how much he understands!
- He has started feeding himself with a spoon and does pretty well. He is good with a fork.
- He is pretty much off the bottle now and mostly just using the sippy cup.
- Takes two naps a day.
- Loves pizza, apples, bananas, cream of wheat, yogurt, really anything sweet.
- Sings in the car when the kids sing. It's pretty cute.
- Knows how to bug his sister (usually by pulling her hair HARD over and over again).
- Likes to throw things down the stairs.
- He is a climber. Climbing on chairs, and up onto the entertainment center.
- He is pretty bow-legged (a big thanks to my husband's side of the family ;-)
- He loves to be where I am and gets shy if people talk to him by burying his head in my chest.
- Loves to be lifted up to put the basketball in the hoop in our basement.
- Likes to play with the kids. I can see he can hardly wait to go play outside as he stands at the back door while the others are playing.
- Loves walks and our dog Kola.
- Loves to get into the dishwasher and always seems to go for the silverware. He also likes getting into the cupboard under the sink.
- While I'm sorting laundry he will come up to a pile and start chucking clothes behind him; he thinks it is pretty funny!
- He has a funny sense of humor and loves to be chased and play on our bed. He's ticklish under his chin, his chest/tummy and his thighs.
First few steps
Briggs had his first piano recital this month and he did really well!
Waiting to start...
His memorized piece
We joined with another piano teachers students for the recital in Shelley. It went really well.
Our family!
My sister Crystal came down with her two little ones! We were glad to have her there!
Love the toothless smile!
Grandma Hansen (teacher) with my niece and nephews.
Enjoying ice cream! Look how happy she is... she is definitely my daughter when it comes to sweets!
Grandma and Briggs
Sterling trying to get Brooklyn's ice cream.
I love that photo!
He is definitely persistent when he wants something and again... he knows how to bug his sister ;-) after all, isn't that what little brothers are for! I just think he's stinkin' cute!
And this one!
Me with Book-a-lynn-ee!
The boys playing with some of our neighbor friends. Apparently our kids aren't shy about showing off their six packs or tackling girls! I captured these from my bedroom window! Ethan is also the family Tarzan character there below!
Sterling loves to play in our pantry and he especially loves our blender and handle! Please don't hold my messy closet against me!
One cannot fully appreciate the bow-legged-ness when his diaper is on and when he is not walking. I need to get a booty shot. It's pretty funny!
That is part of his goofy face! He's so silly!
I love the above photo of him! He is being so silly there!
Clapping!
The boys finished up another season of soccer with Cory as their coach! He did a great job with his team. They improved 200% since the first game!
Brooklyn has lately been seen around these parts wearing different pairs of my boots. It's random really, I never know when I'll come around the corner to this!
She also loves to put on two lip glosses and then she puckers in the mirror (she did not learn that from me I promise!) Lets just say she is all girl and she came that way!
Another funny thing about Brooklyn, which I don't know where she got it from, is that she loves older girls; especially a girl that is all done up (hair, make-up, clothes) and she always wants to go up and "touch them" or get their attention and talk to them; she gets really giggly. It is so funny! Today I asked her why she liked girls so much and she said, "well, you like boys and I like girls!" I replied with, "actually, I like boys and girls." She cracks me up. Though I think I should be a little worried about high school?!?!?!
Since we're talking Brooklyn, she also is loving the game "Guess Who" and when we first started playing she would always pick the girl cards. She now has to pick blindly but if she gets a girl she holds it to her chest and starts giggling. It's so obvious that it's funny! The game has been great for her learning though! The boys have enjoyed it as well.
Last Sunday she gave a talk in Primary and nervous giggled for the first half and practically yelled in the microphone; the second half went a lot smoother. Cory was busting up in the back; it was pretty funny!
The other day I made Broccoli with dinner and it was just her and I, and I told her that she needed to try 3 little pieces if she wanted anything after dinner and the entire time she talked about the broccoli being "cow poop" and she was spitefully throwing out how icky it was and that it tasted like "cow poop!" It was so random and funny! But surprisingly she ate it! It was a miracle! This girl will refuse dinner at the drop of a hat and be perfectly content to not have snacks or treats the next day; she really doesn't blink an eye! In fact if she is at our neighbors house she will volunteer that information up that she isn't allowed snacks or treats because she didn't eat her dinner. I guess you could say the girl has self-control!
And one more random note. She recently picked up the phrase "boo-hoo on you" if she doesn't like something you say. It's pretty funny when she throws that one out there!
Oh, I love that little girl! She makes me smile!
She found my ring also there on her finger. Funny girl!
Ethan and Cory went to the Detroit Piston/Utah Jazz game a few weeks ago.
Cory and Ethan snuck in a side door and were able to go and watch the warm up for a little bit. They weren't able to stay for very long but long enough to get this photo below....
Ethan and 2012 Slam Dunk Champion Jeremy Evans
I love that they are holding hands! So cute!
Ethan watching the game; Cory said that he loved watching the bear the most.
He also said that he was very interested in getting seated to go watch the game because he didn't want to miss anything. He loved when they would come out and throw things into the audience and when the Jazz won and all of the confetti that fell down!
Ethan with "small" Jazz bear
A week later Cory took Briggs to the Oklahoma City Thunder/Utah Jazz game
They got there early enough to watch the players come out of the tunnel to warm up and got his Jazz shirt signed by Devon Harris. Briggs loved playing on the basketball hoops in the kids play area. So much so that he was reluctant to stop playing to go in and watch the game; though he loved watching the game. He loved how the Jazz were leading most of the game and couldn't stop talking about all of the 3-pointers that Devon Harris made.
Briggs with Thurl Bailey before the game.
If it weren't for Thurl's hands on his shoulders he almost looks like a poster board.
Last weekend we took the family to ride around the green-belt. Sterling enjoyed the ride. Briggs however wasn't feeling all that great so we only did about 4 miles. Everyone else had the same idea because it was quite busy, but it was still fun!
Love love love these!
Eating toast and drawing with sidewalk chalk on one of the first nice days of spring.
One night Briggs earned a night to stay up an extra hour and do something with Cory and I. He chose to play Jamaica and all the while Cory couldn't help himself because Briggs had his second front tooth loose. He had a one track mind (a true guy!). Briggs really wanted to pull it himself so Cory would "loosen" it for him and then he told Briggs if it wasn't gone by the end of the game that he was going to pull it out. Briggs worked pretty hard and got it out by himself.
His second tooth gone in one week. He looks pretty cute with no front teeth. They are already coming in pretty quickly.
Brooklyn with her friend Savanah; they have a funny relationship. When Savanah is here she is super sweet and Brooklyn can be really sassy, and vise-versa when Brooklyn is at Savanah's house. I think it is because Brooklyn hadn't been used to playing with girls and sharing her girl toys, but it has gotten better as they play a few times each week now. These are some photos of them with the princess crowns we made one day.
Cute girlies!
After-bath-baby-bum... soooo cute and dimply!
We had spaghetti a few times this month (one of my go-to's) and we taught the kids the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti kiss. I don't know if that is a good idea because now when they see noodles they all want to do it. But who could resist a kiss from this little girl!?!?!? I can't!
I love her little expression here!
That is Sterling signing for "more," he doesn't have it quite right but it's so stinkin' cute!
That's his cheesy, goofy face!
I trade babysitting each week with one of our neighbors and here are Sterling and her little boy Austin after their naps. Super cute!
A little on Ethan! Still the life of the party! It's a good thing and a bad thing at times. When Ethan gets mad he often squeals like a stuck pig! It's really horrible and he gets into lots of trouble for that one as I have little patience for that. He gives the best spontaneous hugs and kisses and is generally a happy and smily and silly boy. He plays great one-on-one with Brooklyn, Briggs, and Sterling, whereas Briggs really only plays with Ethan, though he is a great help with Sterling and Brooklyn mostly plays with Ethan. I guess he is our child who will play with any and everyone. He is a very creative little boy with his food; actually with anything. That boy can entertain himself for hours and hours. I don't think I've ever heard him, in his entire life, say that he is bored! He is also reading really well in the scriptures and needs little help! He also wore those footie-jammies (below) for about a week straight, with his Jazz shirt underneath, because liked that they were like shoes on his feet and he wanted to be "comfy." He and Brooklyn could be found jumping on the trampoline in footie-jammies, with pillows and blankets. Ethan's brain-child no doubt!
He is fun little boy for sure!
I can hardly believe he'll be six in just a few short months!
Here he and Brooklyn are showing me how they are being Master Sefu (from Kung fu Panda)
And finally, I think that's a wrap... whew!







No comments:
Post a Comment