Saying goodbye....
Enjoying the beautiful weather and some ice cream!
Well, it's official. This past Thursday we closed on our home; and we were really blessed with awesome buyers who were so easy going. Leading up to our move we were just so busy that I tried not to think about actually leaving our town of Gahanna and our friends, and neighbors, and home that we've come to love. But as we drove away from our home for the last time and watched our life in Ohio through our rear-view mirrors, one sweet chapter in our life coming to a close, I admit that I began to get emotional.
Briggs kept telling me that he didn't want to move and the boys little neighbor friend Kalie asked her mom if she could move with us. I know the boys will miss Kalie but they will also be greatly missed by the other kids. Our last night in our home Noah (9), Mackenzie (8) and Kendall (10) went up to the boys room to say goodnight after the boys were supposed to be asleep. We really were blessed with a great neighborhood!
There is so much I'm going to miss...
But I am also really excited for the next chapter in our life and know that it will bring with it both challenges and a lot of learning and growth and new adventures and for that I am excited!
Here are some pictures from our last official week in Ohio...
Fire-station
For Ethan's pre-school class we visited Fireman Dave; he was really entertaining. Briggs got to be the first helper and he laughed so hard. It was fun! I loved little Eden trying on the fireman outfit--the entire thing minus the oxygen tank! Too cute!
Last Sunday
Briggs showing the picture he colored for his first talk in primary; he read the whole thing by himself and did awesome!
Here he is with Sister Lewis, his teacher, and the picture he colored and note he wrote for her. She was really emotional to see him go. He really loved her!
The street leading to our home; am I sentimental or what?!?!?
This will always remind me of our time in Ohio.



7 comments:
Such a beutiful street! I love all the mature trees.
I love that last photo! It's just beautiful! Best of luck on your new chapter.
We already miss you guys!! Hope you've already met a whole gaggle of the lucky ducks who get to have you around for the next chapter!
Aw, I feel your emotion on leaving... But yes, how exciting too! Best wishes on getting settled in to your new home. :)
Lisa,
I haven't commented on here in forever. but i just wanted to wish you luck with your new adventure. You take fabulous pictures. You really capture every moment perfectly.
Also I would have taken a picture of the street too.
I know that feeling of mixed emotions. best of luck!!
ahh..I was getting emotional FOR you! Although Ohio isn't our last stop..I can see how it makes for an emotional exit. We already miss you guys and hopefully we'll see you this summer in Idaho!
we miss you! hope things are going well for you guys!
Post a Comment