This past Monday was my Grandma Burnett's (87) funeral. The service was really nice but unfortunately it was a rainy muddy mess when we went to her final resting place on the ranch that she loved and worked for her entire adult life. I didn't have coats for the kids so it was cold, short, and sweet. From the pictures you can see that the only way they could get her up the hill to the family cemetery was by a 4x4 truck. It took a few tries to get up but they were finally met with success when they gunned it up the hill. Her final resting place is next to her son, husband and other loved ones.
There was a really nice luncheon at the Luther church following the service. She will be greatly missed.
Later that night as Cory and I lie in bed discussing the day and funeral we both felt a great amount of sadness at the passing of Grandma and all that her generation taught us; I really kept it together pretty good all day until then. For the next hour I couldn't sleep as my mind replayed all those wonderful memories I have of my grandparents and the ranch that meant so much to our family. Those great lessons of sacrifice, hard work will never be forgotten, and will dearly be missed, and we only hope to do our best to not only remember but more importantly to pass on those memories and hard work ethics to our children and grandchildren.
We love you Grandma!
(All but four of these pictures are from my sister-in-law Jacquelyn; thanks for sharing)
The hill


This picture is really surreal for me. For a moment I see two families who've been divided coming together for a woman who loved them. How I wish things were different.










No comments:
Post a Comment