I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that life does not end here on earth but continues on forever; that our time on earth is such a short time in the whole scheme of things and truly the only thing that matters is how we live our lives and serve and love others.
(Pictures from last September)
She taught me so much. She was the hardest worker I knew, she taught me how to make bread, pies, cook for a crowd, and enjoy the simple things in life like old country western music, playing cards, reading family circus and doing cross-word puzzles, how to kill flies, conserve water while washing dishes, strain milk from the cow, and how to enjoy being with family and enjoying a good old-fashioned dance. I loved her for all of that and so much more. I am so grateful for her and that I got to be a part of her life; and most of all that I can call her mine.
I really am happy for her. It is always sadder for us who are left behind; but I truly feel at peace.
I love you Grandma!


8 comments:
If this is your mom's mom I met her once and she was a sweetheart. She took me on a tour of your parents newly remolded house and told me all about it. You could tell she was very proud of her family. Glad you were able to be with her when she passed my prayers are with you all.
I'm sorry for the loss of your grandma- What a sweet post about her. She must have been an awesome woman!
I love your reunion story... A slap on the rear... how funny. :)
Grandmas are so special.
I remember staying with you at your grandma and grandpa's ranch when we were younger...I remember her as a hard working, no-nonsense, very kind woman.
It's hard to lose someone who has made such a big impact in your life. It's hard to avoid the void that is left, but as you said there is peace knowing the happiness that awaits her in the next life...and knowing you will one day see her again.
I'll be thinking about you and the rest of your family...and praying for that peace to continue.
Sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to be there.
What a nice tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your family. I have many fond memories of your grandma she was a very hardworking woman.
So sorry about your loss. It's always hard to lose someone you love even if they have lived a full life. Our thoughts are with you.0
I'm so sorry lisa. What a beautiful way to look at it though. It's so true, the one's left, have the hardest time. I'm sure she is so happy right now.
She sounds like an awesome influence- how wonderful that your kids got to know her. That was a sweet post- thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts. (celestial hiney slapping- who woulda thunk- ha!) :)
Post a Comment