This past mothers day we were staying in a hotel in Rochester. When we woke up Daddy asked the boys what day it was? I said Sunday but he was holding out for something else...Mothers Day! They all wished me a happy mothers day, I had totally forgot, so I am glad they remembered because I got lots of hugs and kisses from my family.
Briggs sang to me "I am a child of God" and it was so pretty. Earlier the week before Briggs and I were out in the front of our house and I showed him the large pink geranium plant that was growing. He had given it to me the year before for Mothers day and I was telling him how beautiful it was going to be when all the little buds began to bloom and he just beamed. He is so sweet. Then he asked me, "When is Mothers Day? I've been trying really hard what to think to do for you." Later I had mentioned our converstaion to Cory and he told me that he and the boys had been talking earlier about what to do for me. I thought he was pretty sweet! He also drew me this cute little picture of a house and it said Happy Mothers Day on it (but I have misplaced it) so this is pretty much what it looked like and I love it!
Ethan gave me his gift of a frame he made in pre-school, a sweet card with our picture, and a beautiful pink rose that rode with us to New York and back in my water-bottle vase.
My favorite part of his gift was the attached Mother's Day questionaire. These were his answers:
Name: Ethan
What is your mom's name: Lisa
My mom is "40" years old
My mom is as tall as: my dad
My mom's favorite food to eat is: all the food
I like to "get cupcakes" with my mom
When I am sad, my mom: goes to nap
One of the things I love best about my mom is: she makes or buys me cupcakes
If I could give my mom anything in the world, it would be: a present
My favorite is about me liking all the food; my boy knows his mama! And the one about how I go to nap when he's sad. Kids say the darndest things.
It was nice to spend Mother's Day with Cory's mom. We all made a card for her and gave her her favorite cookies, Lorna Doone, and we gladly helped her eat them per her request ;-) remember I like all the food ;-). We enjoyed a nice breakfast together and had a nice day.
For Grandma Hansen (Grandma Jones, yours is coming!!)
Cory sent gave me a sweet note; for my eyes only ;-) and I'm so glad that I'm married to my best friend! I feel truly blessed to be his wife and the mother of his children and I couldn't be more grateful for my own mother, mother-in-law, and sweet grandmothers. They have all taught me so much, and in such different ways, and I am so grateful that they are in my life and I call them mine. I am also grateful to those other mothers that inspire me to be better by their example.
Happy belated Mothers day to each of you sweet mothers!



1 comment:
I love those sweet gifts that are so authentically from the heart. :) What a sweet family. Hope all the traveling goes well for you.
The flowers I have are Fuschia plants, and oh they are so beautiful. I think I have a new favorite. Exotic, almost tropical-like, and the blooms are so incredibly intricate and have such vivid color, and are continuous all summer. I've never seen anything quite like them. I hope I take good enough care of them that I can bring them inside for the winter and back out to bloom next spring, since they are capable of that.
Post a Comment