Saturday, November 8, 2008

Loving every moment? ?

Oh . . . this is to my friend April. I had to laugh as I read a comment she left on my blog about do I really love every minute as my title of my blog says? That is a great question and the answer is clearly no. I have actually for a while now been thinking that I need to change the name of my blog. Not that I don't love "a lot" of those special moments that go along with being a mom that just totally confirms my love and conviction for being a mom, but I must have been having a great day when I titled it that and I don't have those "near-perfect" days very often. I love being a mother and a wife-don't get me wrong, but if I am completely honest with myself, the answer is clearly "no." So thanks April for helping me to be a bit more honest with myself and giving me a little smile to start out my day. (The Hansen's is not my new permanent title)

3 comments:

April said...

Lisa!! I didn't mean for you to change your whole title! LOL I was sort of admiring how positive you were and that I wished on some level that I could have such an uplifting title- this made me laugh.

Your Dad looks so different. Does he still sing and play the piano all the time? And your mom- what a wonderful lady- I just found some handouts she gave me years ago in merry miss- memories memories

Amy said...

Cory & Lisa,
Just surfing on our blog and thought I would shoot you a line. It looks as if things are going well in Columbus. How's the home renovation coming? Cory, thanks a ton for keeping in touch. I am glad that we have done so over the years no matter where we are. I can't believe time has flown like it has. Holla at me when you can.
KB

Stephani said...

I actually really liked your blog title...
I know as moms we each get more than our share of moments we'd be happy to trade, but when you look back, even the hardest moments are worth a laugh later.
Aaron and I were just watching some videos last night of the kids when they were younger, remembering how in those moments we felt so crazy and ready to put a few of them in a box with a sign that said "FREE", but watching them now we were just laughing remembering it all. All the moments that chisel the character of a parent right?