The difference between Cory and me...
Briggs and Ethan occasionally give talks in primary. I have helped them write their talks in the past, with their input on what they'd like to talk about. They usually look like this...
Today I want to talk to you about Joseph Smith. I chose to talk about Joseph Smith because I’ve been able to visit many of Joseph Smith’s homes, the Nauvoo Temple, the Sacred Grove, Carthage Jail and other places he’s been. He read the scriptures a lot and wanted to obey Heavenly Father and Jesus, just like I try to do.
Joseph Smith, Jr., was born December 23, 1805, in Sharon, Vermont. During his early life, he moved with his family to Manchester, in western New York. It was while he was living near Manchester in the spring of 1820, when he was fourteen years old, that he experienced his first vision, in which he was visited in person by God, the Eternal Father, and his Son Jesus Christ. He was told in this vision not to join any of the churches. It was shown to him that God had a special work for him to do on the earth and that through him the Church of Jesus Christ would be restored to the earth. I liked being in the Sacred Grove; there was a good feeling there.
Joseph died many years later in Carthage jail, for what he believed. I have a testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet. He wanted to be like Heavenly Father and Jesus and gave his life for that belief. I hope we can try to be righteous, like Joseph, so we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again one day.
Well, a few weeks back I asked if Cory (who's great at writing and giving talks) if he would help Briggs with his talk. I came home from an early Sunday morning meeting and Briggs practiced his talk on me using a few of the clues below. I loved how Cory helped him learn his talk so he didn't just read it but looked up and talked to the primary. I think Cory knows that he's now the PERFECT one to help with our kids talks in the future! Briggs did a great job! Cory too!!



1 comment:
That's very clever!
Post a Comment