Saturday, November 20, 2010

Today....


This morning we woke to lots of rain and shortly after it turned cold and wintry. In fact its 4:30 and most of us in the house now have our pj's and cuddly sweatshirts on. After picking up the kids from Grandma's and Grandpa's we headed home in a huge snowstorm. Shortly after getting home I started making taco soup, corn bread, and pumpkin pie for our visitors that would be coming in mid-afternoon. Brooklyn helped me with the pie and then shortly after went down for a nap.




Briggs kept saying his head and neck hurt and eventually put himself down for a nap. A rare occurrence for him. He slept for about an hour and a half and woke up with a fever. We've all (minus Cory) had the cold that seems to have an endless life. So, I sure hope it isn't anything too serious.


Meanwhile Ethan has been in his world of creating different forms of race tracks for his motorcycle and earlier asked Cory if he'd recorded any monster trucks to watch...Cory said, "no." He then proceeded to ask if he recorded any racing...Cory said, "no." Finally he asked, "did you record anything with wheels?" What a hoot, that boy and his wheels!


I also have to officially note that Cory has finally "arrived!" Today while watching football he could hardly contain his excitement when he told me that he just discovered the "fast-forward-30-second-button" on the remote that is perfect for fast-forwarding between football plays because it doesn't go past the play but lands at the perfect spot every time! If only I could have discovered that for him for Christmas; I think he would have been happy as a clam with that knowledge! Now I have to think of something else ;-)



We also got a few visitors today. My Dad, Mom, Sister Crystal and her husband Gabe came and ate a late lunch with us this afternoon on their way down to Utah for a few days. It was a short 30 minute visit where we learned about the "Mighty Ducks" hockey team that Crystal went and saw in Canada during high school...or was that a movie; I forget, but we sure got a good laugh out of it. Then they took off so they could get back on the snowy, icy roads. But as always it was good to see them and the kids loved having them here!



It's not quite 5 now and it's starting to get dark...I think tonight is the perfect night to retire to bed early with a good book...

No comments: