

I LOVE lazy saturdays and when I get an extra bonus day during the week, like yesterday when the kids didn't have school and I didn't have to get up and get kids out the door for school, it was great! Yesterday, was just that kind of day...freezing outside and so cozy inside...and all wanted to do was tinker around the house (which I did) and bake something (which I'm all about these days...the only time of year I give myself free lisence to make as many goodies as my heart desires). The kids were building forts and playing so well together-just being kids-I didn't even want to break out the chore list for fear of breaking the nice spell that was over them.
Last night right before our friends arrived for dinner Ethan and Brooklyn decided to pull all the pillows off of all the beds, as well as all the blankets and jump into them from the her bed. It brought back so many memories of my childhood and it was so fun for me to see my kids laughing and playing together. We just watched and enjoyed!
These pictures are far from perfect but they capture the essence in my mind that I was looking for...




Ethan doing his full twist in the air wearing my sweatshirt that goes all the way down to his feet. All day today he was putting on my sweatshirts, Cory's shirts, and I think he even tried on Brooklyn's sweatshirt and tried to zip it up; which she did NOT appreciate! Ethan is our child that always surprises us...in a good way! After all this was his brain child.





4 comments:
Soooo cute, Lisa! That looks like so much fun! You are such a good mom!
Haha- those kids are hilareous! You know- maybe those pictures ARE perfect- if they capture the feelings and thoughts you have, and if they represent the way you want to remember those moments. I think the blur "effect" is awesome for pictures of kids bouncing around, ha!
such fun photos! great memories! and like always your kids seem to have so much fun together! i hope so much my kids are like that. also, i love the colors in this room. so bright, they seem perfect with the pictures.
So fun! I miss those days!!
Post a Comment