The drive down was beautiful, though I didn't get any great shots of it! Here is a shot I found online of the ski hill at night...It really is beautiful!
When we got there we walked around for a bit and then we passed a salon and Cory had the best idea yet when he asked me if I wanted to go get pedicures. Of course I was thrilled since I can barely reach my feet to wash them or put my shoes on and he assured me that Chad Ochocinco (a football player, for the sport illiterate ;-) gets weekly pedicures; I took that as a cue that it was "a-okay" after all he did suggest it right ;-)
We've been before but it's been years and it was really fun and a great way to pass some time between window shopping in the cold.
We went into some fun stores, two of my favorites were this Christmas store that was decorated to the hilt for the holidays and it really got me excited for Christmas and a candy shop (as Cory puts it, "a store right up my ally"). At the Christmas store I fell in love with their pricey decorations (which I could never afford or would ever pay for) but I did get some fun photos. I told Cory that I really wanted to hang our tree upside down. I think that is a perfect solution for all those pine needles that get knocked off every time the kids play under the tree or put presents under there, not to mention it would be so much easier to keep clean and vacuum, and besides it is such a fun idea that you only see in stores! Cory said he'd help me so we'll have to see if it will happen this year! So fun!
The Candy store was a very miniature version of my all-time favorite Candy Emporium in Red Lodge Montana, but I did take a trip down memory lane as I saw all of the long red licorice ropes, fudge, pop rocks, old fashioned candy and bought some zapos (the candy that fizzes in your mouth).
After we got our fill of window shopping we headed to dinner and ate at the Silverdollar Bar and Grill. It was our third pick but apparently we went at the "slow" time of the season and some restaurants close during the month of November. Maybe next time we'll make it to the one we really wanted to try. The food was yummy though. We tried their award winning corn chowder, which I've never had before and was a bit leery about, and we both really liked it. In fact I went online to see if there were any pictures of it but I didn't find any, what I did find was their recipe, posted on their website of all places. I tasted like a potato and cheesy vegetable soup with the yummiest croutons just underneath the surface of the soup covered in melted cheese. The croutons were our favorite part; super creamy and yummy! For dinner we ordered the bleu cheese crusted fillet with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. It was good! Cory and I are definitely a fan of the bleu cheese or Gorgonzola on our steaks. A little bit goes a long way and makes the taste extra special.


Wort’s Famous Corn Chowder
2 Large Yellow onions Diced
6 Stalks of Celery Diced
2 Carrots Diced
2 lbs Frozen Corn Kernels
1/2 Tbls Garlic chopped
1 1/2 Tsp White Pepper
1 lb Bacon Diced
1/2 Gal Chicken Broth
1 lb Red Potato’s quartered
3 cups White Wine
1/8 cup Dried dill weed
Flour
Half and half
Par boil potatoes and cool and set aside. Sauté bacon until crisp. Add vegetables, wine,
dill and cook until tender. Add flour and cook roux stirring well and being careful not to
brown. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Add
half and half until chowder is of desired consistency. Chowder made be made without
the half and half and stored until ready to use adding cream to desired amount of soup.
Soup may be garnished with croutons and topped with cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
Place in oven or under a broiler to melt and brown cheese.
After dinner we headed over to watch the Jackson Hole semi-pro Hockey team play against Missoula Montana; which was fun. I told Cory "you know I'm going to have to cheer for my state of Montana" which I did. They however had lost by 6-3 when we left a few minutes before the end to hopefully beat all the folk there that had one-too-many beers to drink. Aside from the children, Cory and I were about the only ones there without a Bud Light in our hands...a little scary! I told Cory that it was very clear that this was the hot spot on the weekend, socializing, having a beer or two with friends and watching some fast action fights. We did see 2 1/2 fights, which Cory was all about, as for me, I just felt bad when they happened. I told him I do NOT want our boys playing hockey and he said that in the future he thinks this is a "boys only" activity; I think I rained on his parade when I didn't get all excited. But I actually enjoyed the fast-paced action.


The game got over at 10 and we headed back over the snowy Jackson pass to get home just before midnight. It snowed most of the way and was a bit scary when I saw several deer at several times along side the road...but thankfully we arrived home safely. It was a good thing we left last night because it has been heavily snowing since.
Here's to another year! Love you hun!
2 comments:
What fun! Happy anniversary!
If you hang your tree upside down, make sure you glue your gifts onto the ceiling for the full effect. Just saying.
what a great place to enjoy your anniversary! 8 years! congratulations! looks like you guys had fun!
Post a Comment