Monday, November 8, 2010

First "real" snowfall

This morning we woke to big wet flakes falling on the ground and it has not ceased to let up all day! I told Cory it was the perfect day for climbing back into my pj's, grabbing a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, curling up with a blanket and a good book. But I have kids so that didn't happen until quiet time ;-) which I tried to do (minus the hot chocolate) but I got about 10 interruptions from the boys and Cory in a span of an hour; maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, the snow was pretty wet so it didn't start sticking until mid-day, but by the time late afternoon arrived there was plenty to play in so I bundled the kiddos up and sent them outside where they had a great time! Brooklyn cried almost the entire time I put her "gear" on and then she got to go outside and eat the snow and she was happy as a clam. Ethan fed her snow for the first 10 minutes they were out there while Briggs threw snowballs at them and then they were two-peas-in-pod just eating snow while Briggs made a snowman! It was pretty fun to watch. Last year she wanted nothing to do with the snow so this was a new experience for her!





Rolling the base of his snowman

About the only picture he'd look my way

Like any good mother, instead of helping my little girl get her wet gloves off, I pulled out the camera to get a few close up shots; she was just so cute with those snowflakes on her eye-lashes and huge purple coat. I couldn't resist!

Brooklyn showing me her wet cold gloves

Finally the gloves came off.
She was so cuddly when she came in...especially with that runny nose!



Trying to get her boots off


The boys, well, Briggs made a snowman, complete with celery arms and mouth, and carrots for eyes and ears! After the first snowman failing this one turned out pretty cute!



Hat head and a goofy face

Ethan getting undressed!

Enjoying hot chocolate!

That boy!

2 comments:

chrisjones said...

Your children almost make cold, snowy weather look fun! Almost.

Tora Family said...

Cute photos! I love it when kids come in from the snow with red cheeks and runny noses all ready for hot chocolate. :) We don't have any snow yet. We had our first snowfall a few nights ago, but it turned into sleet and didn't stick. That's okay though...I'm in no rush. As long as it's here for Christmas, and then it can leave again. :)