Thursday, April 16, 2009

Color my world…

The other day I was dropping something off at my friend Melanie's house and was instantly inspired when I looked in and saw her brightly colored, green pillows sitting on her white sofa. I instantly felt refreshed in contrast to the almost constant rainy and overcast days we've had the last few days.  I loved it!   I have been working on our front room for a while now and it has been lacking something and that was it...bright green pillows!  (I hope she doesn't mind that I copied her great idea :) but I guess that is all design really is...)  So with the kids in toe we went to World Market and bought a couple pillows; and I even got the fun patterned pillow on clearance and it matched my room and style perfectly. I am loving the room already. It is amazing how it has changed the look of our space and how refreshing it feels now. Whenever I walk in I feel like kicking back and saying "ahhhhh…"  Here are a few photos of the kids..well I guess there are more of Brooklyn because she will let me, but the boys did have fun taking an upside down picture.









Below is a picture of the curtains I put up in our room.  When I get the front room done I will post more pictures.  Here are just a few hints of the colors.  I am starting to really like it more and more.  It is fast becoming one of my favorite rooms of the house.  It has incredible light in the morning and I just love it.  Now if I could only find the perfect side tables.  Hmmmm…


So I decided one day I would try and make some bows for Brooklyn. Here are my first attempts. After these I actually made a pretty cute blue and white bow.



Last week Briggs was doing the letter W for school. So I suggested that he and Ethan go out and look for worms. Here are the boys doing that. Ethan actually found a pretty good sized one. They loved it!

4 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Love the pillows! Brooklyn has the most beautiful eyes, how do you not melt every time you look at her. Your kids are all so adorable! Glad you had such a great Easter.

Anonymous said...

oh they look fantastic! i love them lisa! and of course i don't mind. i feel complimented. but i love the color scheme you're doing. and i also, love, what you did with the curtains. it all looks great.

Laighton and Katie said...

Oh, I remember those frequent overcast Ohio days. But the pillows look great! I love world Market. Your bows are cute too!

Stephani said...

What's more fun than worms eh? A good mom lets her boys hunt for worms. ;)
Love the idea for the bright green pillows, it really does always amaze me what some color can do for the look and feel of a room. My husband doesn't entirely understand it, he could live in a dark house with bare walls and rocks to sit on, (I think he's colorblind) but thankfully he puts up with my random color purchases. ;)