Friday, October 17, 2008

Monday Night Football!!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! Well, Monday afternoon, some friends of ours took our kids overnight so Cory and I could take his parents to the Cleveland Browns vs. New York Giants game!! Wow! I have never experienced such an event! Cory, went out earlier that day with Briggs and his dad and decided to buy us all NY Giants shirts; already are you seeing the problem. We drive down to Cleveland and had a hotel about 4 blocks away (4 verrrrry loooonngg blocks). I'm already not sure that I want to be donning a NY shirt in downtown cleveland at 8 pm at night but off we go. As we approach the stadium the crowd is multiplying and we are starting to get cat calls and harassments from every side with which Cory found very amusing and so did we because, well, what else are we supposed to do! Cory who stood out the most is his brilliant blue shirt, in a sea of brown, got most of the attention and was enjoying the moment like a little kid in a candy store; all smiles, and just confident as could be as the resident pot-stirrer! Carl and Judy stayed close behind us and were really good sports. Have you ever been to a game where the majority of the stands is chanting expletives? Well, I hadn't until this past Monday. Anyway, it was a lot of fun! Cory thought that NY who was 5-0 would beat Cleveland who was 0-4 (or something like that) anyway, it was a huge upset and Cleveland killed NY. After the 3rd interception on NY I decided that "if you can't beat them, you join them" and we started cheering with all the Cleveland fans; it was a great time!




2 comments:

The Critchlow Family said...

Hey Lisa- I'm not sure if you remember us from BYU-Idaho or not. But we started a blog for our little family now! Its critchlowcrew.blogspot.com. Anyways, I saw that you guys were up here in Cleveland. We live about 20 minutes outside of Cleveland in a town called Avon. Mark works in downtown Cleveland. We aren't too far away from you guys! Looks like the game was a lot of fun! Mark would have LOVED to be there. He is jealous! Just wanted to say Hi! Your kids are ADORABLE!! Congratulations on your newest little addition. Last time we saw you guys you were pregnant with your second!

nichole pickett said...

Sounds like a great time. I am glad to see that you have now heard four letter words chanted.