Well, the first day of school dawned bright and early last Thursday. I was definitely ready for them to start when the last week has been a constant barrage of bugging each other and whining; a sign that we've definitely spent too much time together! Not to mention it was a stressful week with a lot of deadlines and other things pressing for my time (which I DO NOT like!) The kids were thrilled to go to school! Briggs especially and Ethan's excitement came after the first day. The night before Cory gave each of our children (minus Sterling) and myself a fathers blessing; it was so great! The kids blessings were really perfect for their individual needs and mine was what I especially needed in my life. I'm so thankful for a spouse who honors and uses his priesthood to bless our family!
Here are some photos from our day.
Brooklyn, Sterling and I enjoyed the day together and I enjoyed a more low-key day. We ran errands and then in the afternoon we made monster cookies for the boys. Here is my adorable helper!
Seriously cute... right!!!!!?????!!!!
Ethan enjoying the cookies.
Sterling and I hanging out outside. Just some cute shots of him! He was so possessive of the chair that I got out for myself throwing a HUGE fit for me to move so he could sit there! This little one is NOT short on personality!
Total little boys scratches that he got the morning of first day school pictures when he tripped and fell on the brick step going into our house.
I didn't walk the boys into their classrooms on the first day. First of all I was in my pajamas (and in desperate need of a shower) when I dropped them off, Brooklyn had no shoes on, Sterling was a mess, and 1/2 the parents parked blocks away to bring their kids in. I fought the urge to feel bad for my oversight, but I quickly promised the boys I'd come to their classrooms and take a quick photo of them the next day which appeased them. I wasn't too worried because we went to back to school night and they have their classrooms next to each other this year. Day two dawned and I realized that I am one smart mama because half the parking lot was empty and we quickly parked and ran the boys in; I had no competition! I think this year is going to be one great year!
Briggs, "what are you most looking forward to this year?"
"Looking
forward to being baptized this year. To have Halloween. Going to be
able to see some of my family this year... like the Palumbo's. I'm
excited for soccer this year."
"What was your favorite thing about your first day?"
"Science
experiments, seeing my old friends again, have a new great fun teacher,
to be with my brother more than last year, to ride the bus home with
Ethan."
Ethan, "what are you most looking forward to this year?"
"I don't know... like what do you mean? Just looking forward? I don't have any ideas."
"What was your favorite thing about your first day?"
"Well, uh... I don't know! The bus! Lunch! Like eating with Briggs a little bit! I like more things about school, like math."
anything else?
"Uhhhhhh, I like coloring... dot to dot, and I don't really know anything else. I like going to recess with Briggs."


No comments:
Post a Comment