So there are times, here and there, that I have a stroke of great creativity... and then the clincher... I actually work it out and implement it. Well, yesterday was just one of those days.
Lately I've had our home on the mind and wanting to nail down the colors I want to paint the walls because lets face it, we all have a little too much beige, brown, tans etc. in our lives (we'll at least we do). I have also been thinking about what I want to put on the walls as far as photographs, art, pictures etc. I want whatever that is, to be something special that our children can look at and be reminded of certain things like the temple and family and so on.
So, a few weeks ago I had purchased a blank canvas with plans to modge-podge some of Ethan's cute drawings that he brings home from school into an art piece, but one day as I was walking through my kitchen I looked up and then it hit me... I knew exactly what should be above our cabinets... 3 separate paintings painted by our children on large canvases. Paintings that we would paint over ever few months so they could create something new. When I told Briggs he was so excited by the idea. My hope is that they will find creativity, joy in creating, perhaps a love of art and painting, and most of all feel proud of what they were able to do and by having it on the wall know that it's important to us.
So Friday morning, the kids and I were up early, and I got the paints out and we started. Ethan drew our family, Briggs drew a beach with the ocean (and wave), the sky, a picture of him and his friend Trey playing volleyball and a sunbather, and Brooklyn and I tag-teamed painting a bird and she did awesome helping me with the grass.
This is what we call bare-chested painting (I was not involved in this; just the kids ;-) so I don't have to do unnecessary laundry
So cute! I love how Ethan writes his name right now.
Our family through Ethan's eyes
Good thing she stripped down; that would have been a mess to clean up and it came off in a jiffy once she took a bath.
Monkey see...
Monkey do...
I realized that Brooklyn just wanted to paint and so I gave her a block to have a go at it and boy did she, I think she used a whole bottle of white paint.
Me and Brooklyn with our masterpiece!


8 comments:
what a cute idea!
What a great idea! I love it...so so so cute!
What an awesome IDEA!! Seriously, I love it and they turned out so good!! Can't wait to see what is painted over them..although, I am not sure that much can beat what is already on there!
I LOVE IT! I'm sure your kids are sooo proud they have their own artwork on the wall, and what a good way to make your home feel cozy!
Love the idea! I just might have to use that when we find a home!
This is such a cute idea. Lisa, you amaze me! When the day comes that we have a house, I will hire you as my interior designer. I love all your ideas, and all the colors you use.
Hey Lisa,
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!! I was wanting to do something very similar, but didn't have a clue on how to pull it off. I hope you don't mind, but I'll be using this idea very soon on our new home. Hope you are well. Your kidos look like they are loving Idaho. Your new little tike is such a cutie!! Thanks again for the great idea!!
Cute idea!
Post a Comment