Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April showers bring may flowers...

pictures so far this month... less Montana trip pictures (coming soon)

boy I wish I didn't have all those lovely homes, garbage can, and electrical box in the background and it was just the gorgeous sky and my little girl... because that dark and threatening sky and the vibrant color took my breathe away... sigh... I couldn't get enough pictures (as you'll see below)...

The weather is definitely... well... crazy. Ranging from 50 degree calm and sunny weather, followed by high winds, then a huge rain storm, and ending in a snow storm. Yep, that's what I call bi-polar spring weather and it's happening to us right here in good ol' Idaho and that was just today. But there is spring right around the corner; I can feel it and even more than that I'm starting to see it. My flowers are popping up from beneath the cold earth and our green grass is emerging as well as the buds on our tree starting to form. I am excited! I can't wait to get our garden up and going for the year. I can taste those yummy tomatoes and homegrown veggies right now. I could definitely use a few more in my diet that is for sure.

Today Briggs' friend Trey came over and spent the afternoon with the kids. The boys have a great time with him and he is really a great kid with similar interests! Even Brooklyn likes hanging with the boys.


Football, wrestling, friends, laughing, outside... what more could a mother ask for!!!

Brooklyn took cues from my excitement of the sky. I love her little expression here! Where's my friend Sheri?
She would be all over this storm with me!

The funny part about Brooklyn was she was whispering to everyone when she spoke all the while repeating, "shhh, quiet, there's a storm" and if someone came out the door she made sure they knew. It made me smile ; -)

While my Mom was here she bought Brooklyn this skirt (pictured below... and included in most of the other pictures in this posts, which she happens to be wearing on very different days). Her combinations crack me up. Here are just three...


Here's her goofy face; when she's being silly

Cory called this her Punky Brewster outfit. I'd have to agree.

Our snow that we got last night

Last weekend we (Cory, myself and Sterling) drove to Montana to pick up our other three kids who were staying with my parents while I recouped from surgery; and boy what a blessing that was since the first 4-5 days were hellish for me (sorry that's the only word to describe it). Now I think I have a bit more sympathy for those women who have cesarians.
Anyway, while they were gone we managed to get out of the house (a must after being cooped up for a week) and we went shopping for some clothes the kids needed. When we got back from Montana Cory was so excited to show Brooklyn her new dress and the boys their new outfits. Usually that is my roll so I thought it was cute.

She LOVED the dress. Remember, this girl is a dress feign.

Briggs liked his clothes and loved his new jeans when he tried them on.

Ethan was so excited about his new suit. And he looked so handsome this past Sunday wearing it!

This past week Cory has been working on some much-needed storage above our garage door. It turned out really great! He did a good job and has plans to do the other side this week. Hello spring cleaning, I know where I'm sending a bunch of our stuff!


Ethan playing inside on another rainy day

Briggs stepped into, and then fell down in, 6 inches of mud because he thought it would be "fun." He wasn't thinking it was so fun when I made him wash his boots off shortly after. Daddy came to the rescue with the hose (below), apparently he didn't like that I gave briggs a bowl of water and a toothbrush and told him to get crackin'. I just thought he'd learn his lesson that way. I think he still did because it was FREEZING outside!


Brooklyn loves to hold Sterling and just because he's so cute I took some more pictures of him

What a handsome little fella


Brooklyn hopped on the tricycle this week and took off. She is Miss Independent and doesn't want any help... that is, unless she keeps going backwards down the slight slope at the bottom of the driveway. That frustrates her a bit and she'll accept help for a moment. She is funny.


Eja, our cute little neighbor girl. The kids have a good time with her.

All the kids love on little Sterling but I think Ethan is especially sweet and cute. I love Sterling's little smile above as he sees Ethan a-comin'. So sweet!




and... that's a wrap. I can hardly believe we are already half-way through April. I talked to my dear friend Kelly from Ohio yesterday, whom I miss more than I can say, and I was reflecting that we have now been gone from there almost a year now. Time sure has a way of passing quickly at times in our life and this year has been one of them (with exception of the tail-end of my pregnancy ;-) but it's hard to believe we are almost to May... Crazy, crazy!

2 comments:

Scott and Lindsay said...

I recently got Wesley that same yellow shirt that you got for Ethan. And I think Halle and Brooklyn have the same blanket! Great minds right? That's a good idea to put storage above the garage door we keep saying, "where can we put things?!" we just might have to use that idea too! And surgery! What surgery?! Are you okay?

mmm... said...

I love your first picture of Brooklyn and the dark stormy sky. I love dark skies. So beautiful. I can't believe it really has been a year since you moved. I was so sad when you left. And then we left. And I too miss Ohio dearly. I have photos of the Murder Mystery on our Calendar for this month. Such good times!