Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ethan's 4!!


I can't believe our little Ethan turned 4 at the end of July; the final 4 of our family birthdays for the month!!

For his birthday he wanted to go to Heise Hot Springs and ride on the slides. He went a few weeks ago for Grandma's work party and hasn't taken his wrist band off in two weeks or stopped talking about it. So when we went in on Saturday they took the 2-week old wrist band off and put a new blue one on (which he is still wearing today!). He is a silly boy!

It turned out to be a gorgeous day. We took lots of yummy food and did birthday cake and presents at the park.


Dinosaur birthday cake


Cory's sister Mindy and her boys were able to come as well as Grandma and Grandpa Hansen

Brooklyn was so tired around 3 that she literally fell asleep in my arms (that's rare if you know her!)

Cousin Ronin going down the slide!

Ethan with Cory

Opening presents before going home

Love thes of him cuddling and hugging Cory. He is pretty selective when he gives loves so when you get them you treasure them!





Trying our his new t-ball game where the balls shoots up and he hits it.

Just a few things that we love about Ethan:
-He has a great belly laugh and smile!
-He has beautiful blue eyes
-Very inquisitive and is curious about people and why people do things
-He loves his little sister and is VERY protective of her!!
-One day while at Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's house, Cory's cousin Sadie and her boys were over and when Hudson (2 years old) was getting up on the trampoline Ethan walked over to the side of the trampoline and said in a serious voice, "I'm in charge of you." It was hilarious. I've never heard him say that before and I think he finally realized he was the older kid (he was really nice to Hudson--it was just funny).
-LOVES watching motorcross and x-games!
-If you say it's hot he'll probably say it's cold (I see many potential problems with this as he becomes a teenager ;-) The other day he was wearing a long sleeved shirt and it was almost 90 degrees and he was playing outside. I asked him to come in and put a short sleeved shirt on because it was so hot (his face was all red) and he told me "no, because it's actually cold" and he went back out to play. See what I mean ;-) I pick my battles.
-Will try to speak spanish when he sees a Mexican. The other day Juan was at our house and he came out saying "balito balito" in a spanish accent; he is constantly suprising us--it was hilarious! Said he got it from watching Handy Manny.
-He doesn't like when your mad at him and when you do get upset he gets hurt and then angry. He has a definte spiteful side to him that can be really hard at times.
-Finally doesn't fight us to go to primary.
-He beams when you encourage him and spend one on one time with him; he loves it!! What kid wouldn't right?!?!?
-Says funny things all the time and we are constantly wondering where he gets things.

Love that boy!!! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe he is 4 already! Such a cute family :)

Howling Pickup said...

You are amazing! How does one person move to a new house, put in a yard, decorate amazing cakes and cupcakes, plan parties, and have family reunions all while being sick and pregnant?! Congratulations! We are so excited for you!!

La Candáche said...

I agree :) I definitely look up to you a lot and I'm sure I will even more when I have a family of my own. It's been such a blessing to have you as a sister!

P.S. The cake: SO. CUTE!

mmm... said...

love the cake! you are so talented! ps i can't believe ethan is already four! i swear all of them grew up a ton this summer! such cute kids you have!