Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sneaky Sneaky...

So, today I was upstairs working on the computer and Ethan and Brooklyn were downstairs playing.  All the sudden it sounds like a plate breaking.  I rush downstairs to check my newly set table (which I set so the table doesn't become my junk table like it usually does) and I think I knew what was going on. 


Upon further investigation my eyes fall under the table where I saw two little feet hiding with a little boy attached to them.  I said, 

"Ethan, were you in the candy jar?"  No response.  

"Ethan, I can see you, please come out from under the table."  Again, no movement.  

Then all the sudden I see candy pumpkins being thrown out from under the table, as if getting rid of the evidence will prove that he was innocent and indeed NOT in the candy jar. 

I had to laugh.  With a little prodding he came out with orange evidence on his face.  

I said, "Ethan, did you get in the candy without asking?"  He thought of saying "no" but paused...and shook his head "yes."  

I told him that I didn't mind if he wanted some candy but he needed to ask before doing so.  

So, with a renewed sense of realization that he might get some more candy, his face lit up as he said, "okay!  Can I have some candy now?"  


Oh, my silly little Ethan!  He always keeps us on our feet!!

3 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute! They grow up way too fast! I love your pics!

Tora Family said...

WAAAY too cute! Love the table setting...should I call you Martha now? ;)

Francis Family said...

Lisa...we are loving the Montana life! Good to hear from you- how funny that you know all those girls! I just found out Katie was out at Case Western with us- but a few years ahead of us! Next time you're in town we'll all have to get together!! I loved the Candy under the table story! So funny! You're family looks great! Enjoy the beautiful fall leaves for us...I'm wondering where they are out here?