BYU-Idaho Campus

One day we took a little day trip up and visited the BYU-I Campus. Boy has it changed in the past 3 years!!! And that is putting it lightly! It keeps getting more and more beautiful and bigger and bigger and nicer and nicer. It was a lot of fun. We got to also briefly visit with my old Interior Design professors and it was good to see them!
Cory wanted to take a walk through the library where he was able to pick up on a lot of girls back in the day--oh, boy. He told the boys to get good grades so they could come here and do the same...I was so proud in that moment ;-)!!
Briggs with Uncle Gabe. The boys sure loved him!!
Enjoying Craigo's Pizza. A favorite!
Crystal and Brooklyn in the gardens
,Meet Ashlyn

Ashlyn Elizabeth Ray
September 11, 2009
7 lbs 3 oz
In the hospital holding Ashlyn
The boys kept saying, "Ashlyn's so pretty...and small"
Before Ashlyn's blessing I was giving Brooklyn a nap. I came in to find her like this. Two binki's. One in her mouth (not hers, she doesn't even like binki's) and the other in her hand with the picture amiss on the wall. it was such a candid moment!
Brooklyn dumped the whole bag of pretzels on the ground before we left to go to Montana.
Ashlyn's Blessing
Before the blessing we enjoyed lunch with Gabe's family
Gabe, Crystal and Ashlyn
September 20th, 2009
I forgot how windy Rexburg can get. Here the boys are playing with a golf ball rolling it back and forth.
Crystal with my parents
Josh, Gabe, his dad and my dad

Fun with Cousins
James and Briggs saying goodbye! They had a fun time together!
Ethan joining in
Candace and my mom swinging Brooklyn who had a great time!
These are some pictures my sister-in-law took on my camera of her son James. Pretty cute!
Hanging out
Bridge Jumping
As we rolled up to go bridge jumping (or rather the guy-folk who were going) I felt like I was back in the college scene again. Well, I guess technically I was, but it was fun to see all the young people there! The guys had a great time! It really was a fun day!

Me and Crystal
Briggs was such a tropper. He wanted to jump in and the water was frigid!!
Cory and Gabe. Who will win?......????
Clearly the egg falls faster than the feather ;-)

Fishing

One night we took the boys fishing. Well, Carl and his dad took us fishing and showed us the ropes. We went to this great little lake and had a wonderful time enjoying the evening--just not enjoying the misquotes so much! It really was a perfect Idaho night that always pulls our hearts more towards moving to the west rather than our current eastern address. When I came home and put these on my computer I wanted to hop the next plane with my family and move back home...maybe someday!

Who would have thought I'd miss this....but I do!!

Great-Grandpa Hansen helping Ethan--this is just really sweet. Ethan and Briggs sure loved Great-Grandpa!
Cory and his dad
One of the few who was willing to stick the worm on the hook--even my husband had his reservations. After Carl killed the fish that Ethan caught, at which Cory and I had to avert our eyes, we realized we're definitely not the hunting type! We both had a good laugh at ourselves as we both had to cringed at the sight. What can I say, we are just too tender-hearted!
The boys loved playing in the worms and picking them up and showing me!
Just really sweet!
Ethan caught the first and only fish the first cast and in the first 2 minutes!! He was pretty proud of it!

This lake was perfect for the kids and it made me miss living in Idaho. It really was a perfect night.
Cory with his sister Mindy!! We sure had a great time catching up with her and her family!

You and me going fishing in the dark...I feel some country music coming on
I love the reflection of the sky in the still waters. It really was pretty!
Family reunion
Judy with her sisters Terri and Peggy. We had a great get-together with the Taysom side of the family with lots of good food, lively conversations and a mean game of spoons!! The guys played baseball, the kids played well together...well, all the kids except Brooklyn and Sadie and Carl's little boy who seemed to have it in for each other (see below pictures) I guess Cory and I can feel confident that Brooklyn isn't afraid to let people (especially boys) know that she does or does not like something! The girl is tuff and can take care of herself--and she came that way to our family!! Funny Girl!!
Sadie (yellow dress) will appreciate these pictures below
Jet Skiing in Rigby
Rigby float anyone??? Well, instead of floating the river Cory and the boys rode the jet skis instead and had a great time!! Thanks Nathan for a great time!

Uncle Chuckie and Ethan! The boys kept saying, "Chuckie's fun!" They had a great time!
Ethan boy--totally in his element!
Crazy boys!! Nathan wanted Cory to pull him on a make-shift boogie board. What can I say...it's always a party when Nathan is there!! We had a great time catching up with him, his wife and little boy Sawyer! We really need to live closer! We miss Idaho soooo much!
Riding Horses
Grandma Hansen teaching Ethan how to use the reins. He and Briggs did a great job all by themselves on the horse. What a perfect horse for little kids--where do I get one of these ;-)
Cowgirl at heart!!
Random Fun at Grandpa and Grandma's

Jumping with cousins Ronin and Connor


Riding with Cousin Aubrey. Brooklyn, who had previously been a GROUCH got up on that horse and for 20 minutes didn't say a peep!! Silence is golden!!
The boys loved feeding the horses at Grandpa and Grandmas!!
Brooklyn was ALL about the horses!! If you turned your back for one minute she was halfway to the corrals crawling on her hands and knees over rocks, on cement, dirt, thistles, without a word of complaint...that is until I tried to bring her back to the yard. The girl is silly-crazy about horses!! This is her telling me all the reasons why she wants to go to the corral.
We sure enjoyed the bountious harvest of corn from the garden!! Boy, it makes me yearn for a great big garden!! Someday...Someday...
Judy brought Brooklyn home to put her down to bed one night and when we walked in she was laying at the top of the steps apparently had fallen asleep but the radio shortly after they got home. I knew she was tired, but I think I can count on one hand the number of times she has just fallen asleep like this. She looked so sweet and peaceful and Briggs and Ethan kept wanting to give her kisses.
Visiting Troy's Graveside
We took some time to go see Troy's graveside. It has been two years now since his passing and two years since we had been to Idaho
Cory took the time to teach the boys about what happens to the spirit when the body dies. I think that really helped them understand because they asked a lot of questions. Cory is such a good dad!!
I love this little one of Ethan with his head in his hands. He really didn't want to stay put and it shows. What a sweet boy!
I just love this one of the these two. Briggs is such a great big brother to Brooklyn! She sure loves him too!
Golfing
Going Golfing at Sand Creek in Idaho Falls
our little athlete!
Just love these ones!






4 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun, ID and MT to great places. I can't believe your sister already has a baby. I remember when she came home from her mission and she was holding my little Ashlyn. What an adorable little girl.
Congrats to Crystal on that beautiful little girl! How crazy she's a mom, I bet she's a great one. When I think of her, I still think of the little girl who talked to me almost nonstop the whole drive when I went on that trip to Montana with your family. Good memories. :)
Loved looking/reading through this post. I'm glad you take the time to share.
Oh and btw, I'm all for you getting the itch to hop on a plane and move back this way! ;)
Good ole Idaho. It's funny how you can't wait to grow up and leave and then one day you realize that it wasn't so bad. Love the pics of Hudson and Brooklyn.
Wow- what a trip! What a pretty couple of states. Those are some gorgeous pics, Lisa- you've been busy!!!
Post a Comment