Just to finish up the details of Briggs' BIG birthday!!
We gave Briggs the choice whether he wanted to have a birthday party (which we were hoping that he didn't want to do) or if he wanted to got out to his favorite restaurant and go ride go karts. He said "Birthday party!" Darn. So, we upped the ante, "Briggs, do you want a birthday party or do you want to go to a Cincinatti Reds game?"....and what did he pick...drumroll....The Reds game. Yea, I got out of throwing a party and it was looking like this was going to be a lot of fun. The boys were so excited...and so was daddy!!
So the weekend before his birthday Cory took the boys to Cincinatti and went to the ball game. They had a great time--just the boys! They experienced the ball park in true ball park fashion complete with hot dogs, ice cream, cotton candy (which Cory said they'll never do again) and they just made a lot of great memories. They also went swimming at the hotel which was also a highlight for the boys.
Unfortunately while they were gone I was getting sick at home and unfortunately passed it on to Cory a few days later so when Briggs actual birthday rolled around we were feeling pretty cruddy!! So, his actual birthday was pretty laid back, but...
Briggs and I did make his baseball cake (his FAVORITE sport!) and he had a great time doing that (please note how baseball savvy I am as all the bases look like the home plate. I got a kick out of that when Cory pointed that out to me--pretty funny!) Anyway...Briggs loves to help me in the kitchen and absolutely loves helping when there is anything sweet involved!
So, when Cory came home for lunch we sang happy birthday and Briggs blew out his toothpick candles (see picture above), which we improvised because I couldn't find the candles and I was too sick to worry about it. It actually works quite well if you are in a pinch!!
Ethan, of course, enjoyed eating cake and licking all the frosting off the ball players...
And opening presents, which wasn't very hard since I just stuck them in a paper bag with tissue (again, too sick to really take care, but he didn't mind).
Then for dinner that night Briggs wanted to roast hot dogs in our fire pit and make smores. It was a perfect fall evening and we had a great time!! Briggs loved his birthday!!!



1 comment:
Wait...the bases don't all look like that? Guess I don't know as much about baseball as I thought I did either.
Sorry to hear you were sick, no fun. Sounds like Briggs really had a birthday to remember. :)
Post a Comment