Monday, May 4, 2009

May Showers




I love Spring!! Just this past week we had some HUGE downpours.  During several of these storms the boys will ask me...no, actually it is more like BEGGING me if we can go to the car-wash.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  The ones where soap pours over your car and the BIG brushes seem to envelope you.  I always joke with them and say that we are in natures car wash.  Briggs doesn't appreciate my effort at humor and continues to ask to go.  I must be the dream squasher as I tell him it's not going to happen today buddy.  Boy, you think he'd understand--he doesn't.  However, this particular day they soon forgot about the car-wash as they made their way into the pouring down rain.  It took about 20 seconds and they were soaked!!  They spent the next hour or so playing in the rain.  Briggs loved to push the stroller up and down the sidewalk and into the gutter and Ethan just kind of walked around.  It was fun to watch them. I remember my parents letting me splash up and down the street in the gutters and I remember loving that. Brooklyn watched from the garage. It was a fun day! It made me feel like a kid again just watching them. Maybe next time I'll put down the camera and join in the fun!

Brooklyn watching

Our fearless child.  Look at him touching the top of the garage door.


I love Ethan's idea of a "silly" face here
Wet boy

So sweet
Who knew that the garage floor would make such a great backdrop for a sweet little girl.  I love these photos!  (Especially the one below!)


Briggs in front of the Texaco gas tank from my grandparents ranch


2 comments:

mmm... said...

i love these past two posts! soccer and rain, what more could two boys hope for! you are a great mom lisa.

S&J Jones Family said...

We have had a lot of rain lately, too. It looks like the boys had fun getting wet.