Monday, May 25, 2009

Special visitors...

This past week and a half we have had my in-laws in town and we had such a great time with them. We were really sad to see them go yesterday. I thought I would post these photos for them. We sure enjoyed having you Carl and Judy.


The kids really had a great time and here are a TON of photos from our week. Some of the highlights of the week were: going to the zoo and seeing the baby elephant and the tigers. Going to the driving range with Grandpa Hansen (twice), building a fort on the porch with grandma and roasting hot dogs while Cory and I went to Cedar Point amusement park for the day. Visiting the temple, eating popcicles, playing baseball at the park, watching Briggs Soccer game, and visiting church history sites. Also, Friday night Carl, Judy, Cory and I went to dinner and went dancing afterwards. We had a great time. We will definitely be taking some friends to go back dancing again. What a fun place.

Anyway, now that we are back to "real" life, not "fun" life, we'll see how the boys do....we can't wait to go to Idaho in September! Briggs in fact had such a great time that he did NOT want to go to pre-school and if you know him he usually cries if we can't make it one day because he loves it so much. So that says a lot about how much he enjoyed having his grandparents here for the week; he truly did not want to miss one thing.

Ethan had a fun time and was so upset that he couldn't go on the airplane with grandpa and grandma that he didn't want to say goodbye and he cried the whole way home after dropping them off. Telling him that we get to go on a airplane in August just wasn't good enough for him. What's a mother to do :)

Brooklyn also enjoyed grandpa and grandma. She had a lot to say by making her voice known by screeching at the top of her lungs all week long. Boy, that can ruin the nerves, but she had a fun time as well being loved by her grandparents. It was a great week!

here is brooklyn screeching!!

At the Kirtland Temple Quarry

picnicing before touring the John Johnson Farm in Hiram Ohio

Judy with Brooklyn

Our family

Our little diva girl.  She loves my sunglasses.  These pictures make me smile!



Ethan is such a good big brother.  He loves Brooklyn so much!

All of us in the upstairs room in the John Johnson home where Joseph Smith section 76 in the Doctrine and Covenants.  There was a really strong spirit in the room and the kids were suprisingly reverent.

Ethan boy...

Cory sitting on the steps that Joseph Smith preached on the morning after he was beaten, tarred and feathered.  


All of us on the stairs of the Johnson Home.  What a neat place to visit.



Climging trees

Me with the boys...





Grandpa and Brooklyn

Ethan laxy laxy with his blanket, football helmet and BIG truck.  He is such a boy!

Love these...


Our little sportster...





Fun Swing pictures...


Ethan boy climbing.  He wasn't too interested in playing baseball.


Minature Golfing

Family photo.  The best we could get :)








Park in Cleveland

Brooklyn loves to swing.  Here is Cory swinging her a little higher than I usually do...hmmm...
she doesn't seem to mind.  I guess that is what daddy's are for. 


Cedar Point Ammusment Park
These are some of the roller coasters that we went on.  Cedar Point is known for having some of the biggest roller coasters in the world.  Since I didn't bring my camera because I didn't want to bring a purse or fanny pack ;) here are some photos off their website.  It was a perefect day to go.  I unfortuanately got burned but Cory and I had a great time just being together.  We did buy one photo after we rode Mean Streak just to have proof we were there :)

The Raptor

Millennium Force.  I actually almost blacked out on the way down from this one.  This was one of Cory's favorites but not so much mine.

We got DRENCHED on this ride.

Mean Streak.  This roller coaster was build all out of wood and built to ride like the old fashioned roller coasters.  It was fun but a bit too rickity for my tastes.

And then there is the Dragster.  I kept dreading this one all day.  It was one of the last rides for us for the day and I have to admit that it was quite a rush.  We litterally went from 0-120 mph in 4 seconds and accended 420 feet at a 90 degree angle and then crest at the top and then decending 90 degrees with a 270 degree spiral as we decended.  The whole ride lasted 17 seconds.  It was definitely one I would do again.  

9 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Wow! What a fun visit you guys had!!

(Ohh my gosh... I would have peed my pants if I went on that ride!!! looks fun though!)

Love and Life said...

I was just talking to mom today about their trip out there - looks like you all had a great time. Love the pictures, they really depict what fun you all had. Beautiful photos! Yeah, those rides would creep me out way too much, I can't even go on the little ferris wheel that is in Idaho Falls. You guys are crazy!

Laighton and Katie said...

Great pictures Lis. We miss that place (cleveland). Hey, did you use a filter on your camera or did you just photo shop?

Lisa said...

Katie, thanks for the comment. I do use photo shop and my camera settings. Though I would love to get into camera filters. One day...

Amy said...

Cute pictures I love how you Photo shoped (sp) them wich version do you have and do you use actions? Seriously they are adorable. What happend to your leg too? Gald you had fun I love when family comes to visit.

Katie said...

Lisa..I loved all the pictures and it looks like you had a BLAST!!
BTW, is that a walking cast I see in the pictures?! What happened?

Howling Pickup said...

Your pictures are so great. Ohio looks like such a fun place to live. Your kids are adorable and they just keep growing!

Stephani said...

Aww, sweet pictures. Your kids sure sound like they love their grandparents. :)
And wow, you are brave, those rides make my heart beat faster just looking at them! How fun to have a day of play with your hubby.
And I'm with everyone else, #1-Give us all a tutorial on the photo effects you use! :)
and #2- What in the world did you do to your leg? :)
You look so beautiful by the way in those pictures with your boys.

ensadler said...

Wow this looks like a BLAST!! That is my kind of place! Glad you had fun.