Monday, May 4, 2009

Soccer season in full swing...


Here is a sneak-peak at our weekly soccer games.  Briggs plays on Tuesday's and on Saturday's. He also practices on Thursday nights.  He is the smallest on his team which is 4-7 year olds.  I know, crazy!!  He is very fast and often scores during the game; he has improved so much over the past year.  Cory tells him to find the best player and keep up with him and he will improve. Seems to be working.  

Ethan is on the little sprouts team and Cory is his coach. It was team pictures this past Saturday so I was able to get some fun ones of them.  Little sprouts is exciting.  You always wonder who of the 2 and 3 year olds are actually going to remain on the field during the scrimmage.  The week before last only 1 of the 5 little kids played on the field the entire game. This week we introduced bribery and it worked like a charm.  All five boys played for the most part.  You will see in the pictures that at times there was some prodding from Coach Dad to son Ethan and several of the other players, but it was, and is, always fun and entertaining to watch.  

Here's to all those soccer mom's out there!  I'm now one of you!!

Ethan's little team
All the kids wondering what to do with the ball....

come on Ethan quit playing in the dirt and go get the ball (I'm sure that is what he is telling him in this picture :)  I love it!)

Post game net play
Ethan posing for his first soccer picture

Love this one above and below


Briggs looks so old to me in this picture.  Boy he is growing up so quickly.  Can't he just stay my little boy a little longer?

Smallest boy on the team.
Playing with a teammate before his game.  He is so fun to watch!

5 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Ohh my heck, Lisa... your boys are ADORABLE!

That picture of Ethan with his soccer ball posing, and Briggs running with his dad. They just melted my heart!!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

How fun! Soccer season is in full swing her two. Annie and Macee are both playing and our nights went from calm and relaxing to CRAZY! I hope your weather has been warmer for you. Spring soccer in MT has not been so much fun yet this year. My mom has to take the little guy for me sometimes because it is just to darn cold! Love the pictures, your kids always are so adorable! Take Care!

Laura said...

Great photos, Ryan and Emma are signed up for soccer this year too, I can't wait :)

S&J Jones Family said...

How cute, I especially like the last picture.

Katie said...

I am loving these pictures!! Ahh, the joys of soccer..wish Livi would focus more. The butterflies and flowers and MUCH more important to her! :)