Well, this particular day I didn't have my kids, hallelujah :) and I thought I would run in and run out. Well, as it usually goes down I purchased more than I intended on getting (so is it really cheaper to go to walmart when you do that?) so I headed up to the registers. I look down the row of registers and there are four 20-items or less open and about 3 regular lines. There aren't too many people in any of the lines just some people with huge carts in the regular lines. I look down at my cart and realize that with all the baby food I bought I probably have 40 items (but do 20 small jars of baby food really count as 1 item each which are neatly contained in 2 boxes?) and at the same time I see an empty isle that says 20 items or less.
I go for it.
I walk up and this girl looks all annoyed and stands up on her tippy-toes, and with attitude begins to peer into my car for at least 10 seconds (I'm not exaggerating) like she was counting all my items and I just started putting my items on the counter.
I ignored her.
Finally it was a little uncomfortable and a little annoyed that she hasn't started scanning one item yet and the entire counter is already filled with my items (she's still peering into my cart) I said, "is there a problem?" She said "I'm just looking at your items" Okay?!?!?!? What does that mean??!?!?!? She completely ignores me the rest of the time and as she hands me my recipt she says to me, "have a nice day...and next time don't come in this line unless you have 20 items or less." WHATEVER!!! There was no one else in front or behind me. You know if it is such a big problem that I have 21 items and go through the 20 items or less isle then perhaps they should utilize the other 30 empty registers. I came home and told Cory who just laughed.



9 comments:
Move to Montana.....they don't do that here....in fact they welcome you to come through their lines if they are just standing there. That's funny!
Fiesty Lisa! I've done that before too but have never had a nasty cashier. Maybe she was just having a bad day?
That lady was so RUDE!!
If nobody is in front or behind you, the rule is that you can go wherever the heck you want to go!
I would have been so tempted to get a little snippy with her.
Glad you have such a fun sense of humor!
oh lisa..this post was hilarious and all too true! I also have a love/hate relationship with WalMart. And being the nonconfrontational person I am, I wouldn't have gone through with 21 items..I'm just that scared! HAHA! Glad that you did..and next time, go through her line again! :)
I would have asked if it was such a big deal to have less then 20 items then why does your register not stop working after 21 items are scanned?!
Oh yes, gotta love Walmart. What a snotty lady.
This one time I did that in the 20 or less aisle, only I had a nice cartful of items, probably like 60. The cashier was this sweet old lady and didn't give me a hard time at all. But I found it pretty funny that it happened to be the only aisle in the store where you could get cigarettes, so even though there were a few other aisles open, these people were lining up behind me, each one needing their nicotine fix and getting more and more irritated due to my cartload and my sweet SLOW cashier. I couldn't help but find it funny, I'm mean.
People are so funny when they actually have to work while they are getting paid.
You are so funny! I love you Lisa! That TOTALY sounds like the walmart we went to in Cleveland. We pretty much called it geto-mart. But you can't beat the prices :)
I think I would make a special trip to the customer service counter to say something. Sounds like she was just being LAZY! Oh well. It is a good story to tell and I enjoyed the post.
Post a Comment