Friday, December 10, 2010

Goodies, crafts, and Christmas program...

This week has been a busy one...I spend Monday and Tuesday making holiday goodies for our friends and neighbors...pumpkin rolls, my Grandma's holiday chocolates, and these yummies down below, chocolate cookies with peppermint frosting (soooo good!) It was fun to watch the kids carry and deliver them to our neighbors and when they'd open the door they'd yell, "Merry Christmas!" It was fun!




Then I decided to make these homemade fur wreaths I saw online. I went to DI and bought these two wreaths below. (I would definitely stick with the straw wreaths as the wood one didn't turn out as good as I would have liked; I was trying to do it on a budget $4.00 for both)

I tore them apart and started fresh...

I started gluing the fake fur on the wreath. A 1/2 yard at JoAnne's for $7 (or less if you have a coupon) and it took about 10 mini-glue sticks for both wreaths.

The finished product. I think maybe it needs a fun bow, but it turned out pretty cute!

I LOVE this one below! I think I'll make a couple others next year for the blank spots on my wall.

This week we also got to attend Briggs first Christmas program. He did a great job and looked so handsome as they performed two songs; unfortunately our video camera wasn't charged! It is so nice to live close to family as Grandpa and Grandma Hansen got to come and enjoy his program with us.


After every song Brooklyn would say, "Ok, my turn!" She was so devastated that she didn't get to go up there and sing.


4 comments:

chrisjones said...

Wow, those holiday chocolates look just like grandmas! Cute wreaths, cute family!

Howling Pickup said...

I love the fur wreath and I need your recipe for the chocolate cookies with mint frosting! You have a darling family and you are sooo cute pregnant!

mmm... said...

You do so much Lisa! It's funny just a few hours ago I was thinking about how much I enjoyed when you and your family would come by to bring treats - both during the holidays and a surprise in the summer (when you rode bikes). You are a great family! We really miss living near you. Your parties, and Settlers of Catan (which I bought for Ben for Christmas :) - Maybe next time I might be a small threat. Instead of completely not know what's going on!:) Anyways got your Christmas card. Absolutely loved it! The picture is so cute and letter was great! We love you guys!

Stephani said...

Wow, I wish I was your neighbor. ;)
I think you should post these recipes.... or you can just send them to me and they can be our secret. ;)
Merry Christmas to you and your family!