Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day...


The morning started out around 7:15; not too shabby considering Cory and I stayed up until almost midnight watching/laughing at the home-videos my parents sent us from 1984-87. It was so surreal as I watched my parents at the same stage of life as Cory and I are currently in. Cory kept saying to me, I feel like I'm watching Briggs run around with long hair; the resemblance/mannerisms/bossiness (oldest child syndrome) between us at the same age is truly uncanny. It was really fun!

Briggs with his Philadelphia Eagles uniform

Ethan was his super-cool racecar/monster truck

Brooklyn so excited about her princess dress, shoes, earrings, necklace, purse etc.

I think we're asking for it if you ask me...


Click to enlarge

The aftermath...

After presents we had a german pancake breakfast and I got busy making rolls for lunch.

Around noon we headed to Cory's parents house for a yummy ham dinner that Judy prepared; it was really nice. Shortly after the kiddos got to open their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Hansen.


Brooklyn got 3 more princess dresses/shoes. She is in princess heaven and I've been changing princess outfits ever since.


The boys so excited about their race cars; they really are fun!

Miss Aubrey

Skyping with Cory's sister Jodi and her family in Texas; gotta love skype!

Decorating gingerbread houses



My little creation


(Notice the purple princess dress on the left, and the pink on the right; the poor girl has another ear infection and wasn't feeling all that great)

It was a nice day filled with good company, some good laughs (ie. skyping with my family after we got home), yummy food, pecan pie and being together. But most of all I am grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ; the real reason we celebrate Christmas and the season!

1 comment:

Tora Family said...

family is so fun! You know this is the second Christmas where I forgot to get the camera out during all the action (boo!) You got some great pictures! Love Princess Brooklyn! Merry Christmas!